What's new

Max Payne (1 Viewer)

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice. But I don't get the angels? I played the game long time ago, never beat it but I never saw any angels. I dunno but looks real cool.

Justin Lott

Agent
Real Name
Justin Lott
I can relight your memory. Both games have nothing to do with angels or devils. They are all about Max Payne and his tormented life and slow motion shooting.

The only thing they incorporated from the games was Max Payne monologue voice overs during the scene and Mona the character from the second one (Love interest / bad ass)

Having said that.... It still looks entertaining. I'll watch it!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

It looks like they incorporated a hell of a lot more than that! The blizzard as a major character, Max's motivation, the final battle from the first game looks to be intact and very close, and I think I even saw the burning restaurant.

I haven't played the game since it came out--and the second one, not at all--but this is making me want to reload it. Interestingly, the fights against the Russian mob along the waterfront and in warehouses now kind of remind me of GTA IV.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Not if you have Mozilla Firefox and are running NoScript.;)

I recognised alot of things from the first game. Cause I said first game since I've never played the sequel. I'd love to see this in theatres.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No, it's a pair of computer games. I haven't played the second one, but the first one used a graphic novel style of graphics to tell the story between levels.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Tries too hard to give the "full story" -- not quite the original story but pretty close, with some embellishments -- and is slow in the beginning. Not enough bullet-time action. Nice look to it.

There's a bit after the credits.

A couple of details didn't make sense. Since you haven't seen it: if you're going to try and get a guy in bed in the way she did, don't cover yourself with a sheet
and I thought the guy blew that thing up so Max couldn't get to the roof, but apparently he got there fine.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I saw it. It's got a pretty nice visual style. I especially like the look of the snow falling. But the story is told in a less than coherent manner. There's a couple of characters in this thing that don't even need to be there.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Wanted to like it...Just was a bit boring..Especially the beginning. I was expecting more of a fight between Max and the drugged up gang leader.

Didn't stay after the credits. What did they show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks