What's new

Maureen O'Hara farewell public appearance to honor the Duke (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Over the past weekend Maureen O'Hara made what is billed as her farewell public appearance at the John Wayne birthplace in Winterset, Iowa. I've attached a link that shows multiple pictures of the event.

Although closing in on her 93rd birthday and hampered by mobility issues she appears as beautiful as ever in these photos. I would have loved to have been there as I'm many fans of hers and John Wayne would have been also.

http://www.johnwaynebirthplace.org/news.html

Also attending was Wayne's daughter, Aissa. Video of the event, with all too brief view of Ms. O'Hara is here: http://www.woi-tv.com/story/22424643/dsa

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Steve...O said:
Over the past weekend Maureen O'Hara made what is billed as her farewell public appearance at the John Wayne birthplace in Winterset, Iowa.

Although closing in on her 93rd birthday and hampered by mobility issues she appears as beautiful as ever in these photos.
Maureen O'Hara always had a wonderful face and from her late twenties onwards, always looked younger than she was. Judging from those photos, little has changed!

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
I live about 80 minutes away from Winterset.
Alas, I was unable to attend this event.
Had graduation parties and ccommencements to go to.

But I have been to The John Wayne Birthplace House a couple of times.
The tour is short, around 30 minutes, but they do a nice job providing info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks