What's new

"Matt Houston" will be released next year!!! (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i will also be picking this show up as well, even if it is done in split season. The good thing there is only three seasons of the show. I always thought Pamela Hensley was doll in her role!!! I also like when Buddy Ebsen enter the fold as well.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Well it sounds like atleast early on according to TVShowsonDVD.com That Matt Houston will be released in complete season sets. Season 1 is scheduled for release March 9th. Which also happens to be the release date for Scarecrow and Mrs. King: S1. That makes for a great release week come March!

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know how many episodes are in the first season? The page for this at imdb is really messed up?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by peggy

Does anyone know how many episodes are in the first season? The page for this at imdb is really messed up?
Peggy,

According to epgiudes.com there are 24 episodes in S1. That sounds about right for that era's show.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I hope that this holds up (that it indeed is released in full season releases).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i still like the series, but, my feelings it will be in volumes, which is such a waste. Volumes just clutter my bookcase.

It is sounding like 2010 year for dvds and releases. I am looking forward to barnaby jones in february. I need to complete my enterprise, cheers along with getting good times and sanford & son.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It seems like a good sign it will be a full season release. DVDEmpire has it up for pre-order and the price is in line with that. $49.99 msrp...

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1512037

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
that is good, because there was only like three seaons. I hate the volume sets, like Vega$, Cannon, Jake and the Fatman, Love Boat, etc.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Odd really, because Vega$ had three seasons also. These split decisions make little sense.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I guess with that artwork... there is a little bit of trying to sell the show as Magnum. I am really looking forward to this release though.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
So am I. I'm glad that CBS/Paramount has come to its senses and is releasing this as a full season instead of cutting it in volumes. This one will most definitely get a purchase from me.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I usually don't follow the TV forum, too busy causing trouble elsewhere, so excuse me if this has been covered. But what really makes me is when they release the first disk in stereo and the rest in mono. Come on! Do it all in stereo for Pete's sake!! O.K. tirade over. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Five weeks till the first season of Matt Houston is released on Region 1. I may get this first season, just to see what the show was like. In a A-Z of TV shows book I've got it says after the description of what the show is about, that it's your standard detective series.

I'll have a look on YouTube to see if there's a title sequence on there.

I'd never read much about the show until I saw the TVShowsOnDVD news article about the Season 1 DVD release. Looking at the picture of the lead actor on the show's EpGuides.com picture he looks a bit like the actor who played Krystle's ex-husband Mark in Dynasty.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have placed my order as well for this show. I like Matt Houston, especially with Buddy Ebsen being cast as the Uncle. Whatever became of Lee Horsley and Pamela Hensley. I remember Pamela from 1st season of Buck Rogers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks