What's new

Matrix: Revolutions on DVD by Christmas? (1 Viewer)

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
[q]Smith copies his code into Seraph and Sati. You only see The Smiths (ha!) enter the room, and then the scene cuts into the Oracle's apartment.
[/s]

While watching this, this is one fight scene that I kind of wanted to see.

It would have been interesting to watch him try to fend them off in a tiny room, all while protecting the little girl

Just figures we see so many overblown fight scenes in the trilogy, but the one I thought might be really interesting isn't shown. Oh well.

John KB

Second Unit
Considering that quite often the Studios have a release date in mind for a movie to appear on DVD even before its theatrical release, (I've been in the business for over 10 years and this is what I've always been told anyway), and that the production of many DVDs are started even before theatrical release, WB could easily have it out by Christmas, but will they? I'd love it, but I'd be surprised, albeit pleasantly, if they did.
It was definitely my least favorite, it lacked any in-depth story, and was basically a straight up action flick, (they could have shortened it to 45 minutes, and just tacked it on to the end of the Reloaded in my humble opinion). BUT, I stll want to see it again, and expect to like it better the second time around.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
WB may also be attempting to make the Wachelowski's look bad, so that when it comes time to make their next film, they can argue that they don't merit being paid as much. Kind of like when television networks purposefully try to ruin succesful producer's second shows (think Chris Carter and Matt Groening) to prevent them from getting too much clout.

John KB

Second Unit
READ THIS from boxofficguru.com:

"The Fox title easily outgunned last week's top film, The Matrix Revolutions, which collected $4.7M plunging a disturbing 72% from last Friday."

Kristoffer

Second Unit
If those deleted scenes do exist I would be soo cool to have them in! This togther with the scenes from the game, dts tracks and a new transfer for Matrix plus the deleted scenes!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

But I hope and think the scenes from the game thing might happen since Joel Silver is talking about them. If the deleted scenes are being complted that could also be a hint---Fingers crossed!

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Elf whooped up on Matrix Revolutions this weekend. Box office looks pretty sad. If this continues, perhaps we really are looking at a quick turn-around on Revolutions.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Yeah. I just posted over in the Movie Discussion area.

1. Elf: $27.2 million (down 12%)
2. Master and Commander: $25.7 million (opening)
3. Revolutions: $16.3 million (down 66%)

What I predicted on Nov 11th:

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Hulk had a similar precipitous drop and it still went the normal route to video. Warner won't be able to find the replication space for this short of a window, and even if it does disappear from theaters soon, theater owners won't like the precedent.

Warner will put this out probably March, but that's what i expected them to do all along.

Haden

Supporting Actor
There is no way in hell this movie will be on DVD before Christmas. Late January/early February is the soonest I'd expect it, but it'll more likely be in March/April as Joel Silver originally stated.

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Never say never, so I won't, but it would be a huge outside of the box type move. Such a huge and radical step to take, I would have to bet against it happening. Hollywood "suits" don't work that way (no offense). It would subject them to incredible industry ridicule and whoever made the decision would be putting their neck on the line for a marginal gain over releasing on a more conventional schedule. If if the somehow new for a fact that they would make more money by doing it that way, I still don't think they would pull the plug on the film so fast.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Definitely March. Rushing it out to DVD in the next two months would be an embarrasing moment. I personally think Matrix is just doing bad because of the crowded marketplace. Had this premiered in September we would have seen higher numbers.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I think the film is performing below expectations at the box office primarily because it SUCKS. I finally got around to seeing it today and I was very, very disappointed. I thought all the bad reviews were just a bunch of snobby movie critics piling on the franchise because they didn't like Reloaded, but this movie actually deserves all the bad press. It was awful. I hope the Wachowski Bros. are done with Matrix movies for good because it's blatantly obvious that they're out of ideas.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I personally think Matrix is just doing bad because of the crowded marketplace.
What crowded marketplace? There's almost nothing that is in the same genre as Matrix. If the movie got good reviews and word of mouth, it'd be doing well. It hasn't, so it's tanked (relatively) at the BO. "Crowded marketplace" doesn't come into play here at all...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Brendt, please. Matrix is not doing repeat business because it is a perfectly satisfying resolution to a series which people have enjoyed for several years now. I've seen it, I loved it, and I've no immediate need to see it again. I actually appreciate that in a film sometimes, that it wasn't the kind of movie that was so scattershot you have to watch it a few times before it all pulls together into a coherent picture. This one was. Too bad for the bean counters, but count me as a happy filmgoer, looking forward to the DVD.

No doubt it will make a killing on DVD *IF* they give the DVD producers plenty of time to make an interesting package.

And bear in mind, the tactic of opening on so many screens the first week, to ensure that everyone who wants to see it can see it the first week, naturally means that the first week will be huge and the rest of the month won't be. That's what studios choose to do now. In the "old days" they'd let a film sell out so some people were forced to wait a week or two to see it. Not anymore.

FredK

Second Unit
85 million not enough! That's absurd. I think it will hit 200 million before Christmas. There is GOOD word of mouth on this movie, not bad.
The decision isn't based on how much $ the movie grosses, it'll be made based on how well it did compared to internal managment expectations. R&R made a ton this year, but there's gotta be some unhappy folk at WB.

I'd love the DVD now, and I wish theater->DVD windows were smaller for most releases (LOTR:EE's the exception, real additional work is going into them, and they should take their time to get it right).

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have really enjoyed the Matrix series but in order for me to buy a Matrix 3 dvd set this christmas. The Set would have to have a DTS track! No if ands or buts!

I allready have Matrix and Reloaded so unless there is a sweet DTS track why would I want to buy 1 & 2 just to get Revolutions? Maybe WB is smooking crack again :laugh:

BryanZ

Screenwriter
I would get the individual dvd around Christmas if it were available. However, odds are it will not be. I will not buy it as part of a box set. No need, especially as I already own Matrix and Reloaded. Revolutions, IMO, was nothing more than a glorified chess match between the Oracle and the Architect
. Perhaps it will perform better with multiple viewings but that remains to be seen.

John KB

Second Unit
Based on everything I've read and heard, this movie is definitely NOT getting good word of mouth. As I mentioned before though, I'd still buy it in a heartbeart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks