What's new

Matrix Reloaded--Official DVD thread. Post all comments here. (1 Viewer)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for the pics.

Nick, I think you left a :) out of your post.

In case you weren't being sarcastic:
Greenish="Matrix"
No Grean="Real World"

Edit: Does Mark Zimmmer wins some sort of prize for his prediction in post #22?

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Amazing screenshots!

Kristoffer

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
to the screenshots! Especially the one where they are sitting at the table, so many details! Hopefully I will have this in my hands next week-

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
It's funny, sitting in the theater, the greenish tint of the matrix barely registered (I noticed it at first because I looked for it, then forgot about it).

But it becomes bloody obvious when you can look at matrix and real world shots side by side. Especially those shots on the freeway--yikes.

(I was gonna sarcastically ask why some of the shots were green, but someone beat me to it.)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I started a thread in the Coupons&Bargains section for Reloaded deals. The current best online price is BestBuy for $14.99.

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
i was so tempted when i saw the legit Region 3 edition of "The Matrix Reloaded" on sale in Toronto a couple of days ago and wanted to buy it right away for $36 (includes a 3D notepad) or $33 for the regular widescreen edition. but then, i want to play it at my friend's widescreen tv and dts speakers (even tho, i know it won't be DTS) so i opted to wait for the R1 edition.

i might mail my dvd cover to cast member Collin Chou (Seraph) and ask him to sign his autograph for me. I've corresponded with him last summer and had the opportunity to interview the guy. I might think about asking for another interview when "Revolutions" comes out.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Got mine today at the most notorious of street date violators. Wasn't on the shelf, but on the floor in several boxes open. Had to pay 19.84, full well knowing it will be 14 bucks next week, but it's worth it! Looks great! Anyone interested in knowing what the boxes look like and when you might find them, shoot me an email. Back to the DVD!

Matt

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
It's funny, sitting in the theater, the greenish tint of the matrix barely registered (I noticed it at first because I looked for it, then forgot about it).
The green tint will be exaggerated if your monitor is set at 9300k instead of 6500K, the color temperature of daylight that most films should be viewed in. There are other variables of screen grabs that might increase the green tint, but yes it is intended by the W Brothers. The colors in the film are slightly washed out as well, and since a lot of it is digital that generaly decreases color saturation.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i don't know if anyone's posted this, but in the scene with Neo and the Architect, several of the screens show shots from Baraka. check it out (the giveaway is the one near the bottom left, it's the DVD covershot...)

http://www.interlog.com/~dplus/matrix220.JPG

the Reloaded DVD's amazing, my most anticipated disc of the year by far.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Again, I cannot wait to see this disc in action! I have a feeling that we will all have new HT demo material!

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
A little surprised there isn't any discussion of Best Buy's exlusive bonus disc:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=category&cmp=

Highlights of the 36-minute bonus disc:

What Is Bullet Time?
Inside the Animatrix
The Second Renaissance — Part 2

Considering it is also available at $14.99 and free shipping, I am considering cancelling my Amazon pre-order and heading here...

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know about a possible special edition box set of this coming out with all three films and what about that matrix special edition, any word on that?

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
I believe all the content of the Best buy bonus disc has been included on the Animatrix and Matrix DVDs that I already own...kind of a lame extra unless I am wrong.

Anyone know about a possible special edition box set of this coming out with all three films and what about that matrix special edition, any word on that?
The matrix special edition was to come out in April 2003 but was cancelled a couple months before b/c the wachowski's came up with their plan of releasing a box set of all 3 films. the digital bits and DVD Journal had direct quotes on the subject, I believe.

Darn you, PJ :), once ppl saw how much money you were mmakng on the LOTR Extended Editions, everyone's getting in on the act, including Quentin Tarantino and the Wachowski's, although I doubt their releases will be as comprehensive as PJ's.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The transfer is great on this DVD, but IMO, the soundmix is disappointing.

Lots of LFE, flat gunshots, low dialog, weak sounding punches etc.. It sounded much better in the theater.

Still a geat disc, though not sound demo material.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
don't know if anyone's posted this, but in the scene with Neo and the Architect, several of the screens show shots from Baraka
Unfortunately, there is also a picture of Bush in the scene with the Architect next to the lifkes of Hitler. Talk about an overt, tasteless message. Plz don't attempt to tell me that it's just coincidence tht bush is there...many of the ppl I went to see it with were struck by the placement of the Bush image right away. if many ppl are picking up on the subliminal message then it's probably intentional.

Brett Halsey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
The Best Buy disc mentioned in this thread has come out here in Australia only to retailers in their promo material for Matrix Reloaded.

The disc has:
* What Is Bullet Time?
* Inside The Animatrix
* The Second Renaissance - Part II

and surprise, surprise...
* The Matrix Theatrical Trailer
* The Matrix Reloaded Trailer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks