What's new

Matrix Megaset - First details from R2 retailer (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
HMV have put up a tiny boxshot on their preorder page:

Looks like 5 individual keepcases (housing two discs each). Am I wrong? I'd think the R1 version will look similar if not identical.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I watched a disc of the video footage from the game (too old to play the game itself), and there isn't an hours worth of pure film.

Some scenes are part motion picture and part video game animation (i.e. real actor crashes through a window, but animated actor drops to sidewalk below). So we're likely going to see more than what was seen in the game.

And by the same token, lots of the game footage will NOT be in the movie, since there are several scenes in the game which are played out identically except with different characters depending on who the player was playing as, or what route that particular game went down. For example, the smoochy lady (friend of the Valedectorian or whatever he was called) kisses two different characters in otherwise identical scenes, for example.

The game footage has a couple gems - more scenes of the meeting in the basement (the location where former-Agent Smith shows up and delivers his ear-piece through the doorslot), and more of the power plant attack which I've always said was sloppily edited in the theatrical version and badly needed to be redone. Though it is too bad that the power plant attack was carried out by Jada Pinkett Smith... ouch, what a 2-dimensional performance she turned in.

There's also lots of really bad game footage, including Jada's co-pilot who tells lame jokes as he's flying their ship around.

I am looking forward to the new version of the film.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member

Isn't the game set before the film? In which case the new cut will simply be the game footage assembled and placed before the rest of the movie. Any thoughts?

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
If it is remotely like this set I will be picking it up...that would be cool if one of the sets comes with the todd mcfarline robot from reloaded the one that shoots at the sentanils....that would be sweeeeet.....

R~

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
like simon pegg said the w brothers should have a pat on the back it took george lucas 10 years to kill his saga they did it in 3 now thats efficient

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
How about 'pumping up the volume'?
First Matrix, was just as low as you can go, DD 5.1 bitrate. Only an improved resolution soundtrack, will get me to double dip. Improving the video, too me, is like improving the video quality of SPR.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
"The Matrix - With All-New Transfer"

New transfer?! :eek: If they put out the new discs individually, i may have to double dip for the new transfer of the first Matrix, and possibly the extended Reloaded.

Mikah Woodward

Stunt Coordinator

I believe the beginning of the game happens slightly before the beginning of Reloaded, but the game ends in about the same place as Reloaded does.

Apparently, they are planning on making two sequels to the game (not counting the matrix online), so would that mean that even further down the line we'll get yet another cut of Reloaded, or perhaps Revolutions, or maybe even The Matrix? I guess time will tell. Of course, time will also tell if those cuts would be any good.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind there was lots of footage shot for animation reference which could be edited into the movie even if it doesn't appear as live-action in the game.

Alex K.

Agent
Yeah, but that would have the actors walking around in a motion capture suit on a green screen. Don't think that will find its way onto the dvd.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Reloaded plus 55 more minutes on one disk! Compression errors here we come! :D

The mega-set is a good idea for some people I suppose, But I'm pretty happy w/ the usual releases. Besides I'm more into LOTR anyway.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I haven't bought the sequel discs, so this might be a buy for me. And I did like the sequels, despite some flaws in them.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Who is in charge of producing these discs? And this seems rather soon for a double dip on Reloaded and Revolutions. Hopefully WB will have a mail in rebate like LOTR if you are double dipping.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I always heard that they considered the Two sequals too be one film, so I wouldn't be surprised if they connected them somehow like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks