What's new

Masters of The Universe: Animated: DVD Review (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I just found out, on I love the 80s, that He-Man was gay. I need to see these originals to prove he wasn't. He was just too busy for women, that's all... and he was a prince, he had to be picky.

Bring them on!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Justin, He-Man/Adam/Teela was just like Superman/Clark/Lois. Never a hint of any other, um, preference. They musta just been funnin'.

As for Neil: you have here a thread whose subject is called "Masters of The Universe: Animated: DVD Review" and then you simply say "Coming Soon", and put a big pic of Adam turning into He-Man in there.

A "review" that is "coming soon" means that a DVD is also coming soon, that it's on the schedule somewhere for release. Did I miss something here? Or do you have inside info? Or are you merely reviewing one of the European DVDs (probably the UK one released 9/29)?

Don't play with me on this one, man...you're messing with my memories now! :D If there is an R1 release pending for HM&tMotU, then please let us know and if possible quote your sources. If this is for non-R1, please say so up front and don't confuse us like that! :p)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I agree with David, don't tease us with He-man goodness. That cartoon ruled it! I must know if this is an R1 release or not.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure it's this R2/UK release he's reviewing, since it's in English (click pic for more info):

[c][url=http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000A1M41.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg] [/url] [/c]

It's the first of many volumes being released by a British concern called "Contender". I got no idea who got the rights in the USA...at last pass it should be Hallmark, who distributes via Artisan (and sometimes retails exclusively via Time-Life, as they did with Fat Albert).

Heck, not even in Europe are the distributors consistant. While UK's Contender releases are individual disc volumes, in France there are box sets disrtibuted by Manga Distribution (French-only tracks, though...darnit!):

[c][url=http://www.manga-distribution.fr/site/images/catalogue/jaquettes/big/3287.gif] [/url] [/c]

And that's just Box Set #1, out since July. Next month France gets Box Set #2:

[url=http://www.manga-distribution.fr/site/preview/img/prev_motu2.jpg] [/url]

Lucky French! :)

Dean_Jonesy

Agent
Dammit, why do the French and British get this?! This is a friggin American cartoon. I have been wanting this forever!! Anyone know if the good ole US of A will get this?

Dave, I recognize your Avatar from DVD file!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yrp, my bad. This is the review for R2. I just have to find the time to get around to it with the Tornadoe and Severe Thunderstorm watches we have going on around here :).

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David, perhaps Rhino was looking at acquiring the rights? I think He-man was on that poll of theirs, because I think I voted for it. I don't know why they'd take a poll and include things that they had no chance of acquiring. Of course, I could just be imagining that it was on that poll, and it really wasn't its happened before with me.

Neil, thanks for clarifying and I'm disappointed that its only R2.

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
Finally!

I've been waiting for these for awhile now....

I dont like the box art too much, but I wont buy it to stare at the box. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Casey, you're correct. The Rhino survey DID include the ability to vote for He-Man. However, they almost surely didn't own the rights to it...just wanted to know if there is interest in them pursuing those rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks