What's new

MasterChef (1 Viewer)

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Graham Elliot was the guest conductor and sang the seventh inning stretch "take me out to the ballgame" yesterday for the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. He has a remarkably good voice. He was there plugging Lollapolooza, an annual Chicago music festival, where he is the Culinary Director this year. Sounds like it will have some awesome food choices this year. He seemed very excited to be at the Ballgame.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mark_B said:
Graham Elliot was the guest conductor and sang the seventh inning stretch "take me out to the ballgame" yesterday for the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. He has a remarkably good voice. He was there plugging Lollapolooza, an annual  Chicago music festival, where he is the Culinary Director this year. Sounds like it will have some awesome food choices this year. He seemed very excited to be at the Ballgame.

That's nice to hear. He's my favorite judge on the show. He's such a decent, normal person who treats the contestants with dignity. He can be harsh, but he's honest. Had no idea he sang, would have been nice to hear.
Ramsay has toned down his attitude a bit so he's a little more likeable. Bastianich on the other hand comes off as a priviliged, arrogant prick riding on his mother's coattails, hope they replace him in future seasons if this show continues.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Stan said:
Bastianich on the other hand comes off as a priviliged, arrogant prick riding on his mother's coattails, hope they replace him in future seasons if this show continues.
He seems to take way too much pride in his withering stare. It must tick him off that Christine is immune to it.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I think Joe has toned it down a bit himself and is actually nicer this year. Either way, I like him and Graham as judges and Ramsay is my least favorite of the three.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DaveHof said:
He seems to take way too much pride in his withering stare. It must tick him off that Christine is immune to it.
Is Christine totally blind or "legally blind". It seems like she has some sight, just not enough to function on a cooking show without a little help. She's actually one of my favorite contestants and I hope the judges look beyond her handicap and truly consider her as the show approaches the finale. She's got the skills and could possibly win.
There are still a few jerks, male and female to clear out, but she's a very talented chef and unless somebody stabs her in the back, fearful of her skills, she might do very well.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Stan, I had read an interview with her and she said her vision is far less than what qualifies as legally blind. She does an amazing job in my opinion. Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread or not, but the show was picked up for another season.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Carl Miller said:
Stan, I had read an interview with her and she said her vision is far less than what qualifies as legally blind. She does an amazing job in my opinion. Not sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread or not, but the show was picked up for another season.
Glad it has been renewed for another season. One of the best cooking contest shows in my opinion. Still amazes me Ramsay is involved in this and at the same time does "Hell's Kitchen", which I think is awful and the worst of this type of show.
Just recorded the first two new "Top Chef" episodes, haven't watched yet, but will see how it compares.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Here's another one that's glad that MasterChef has been renewed for another season.
Hell's Kitchen is pretty awful, (This season especially) but I still watch it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
JohnS said:
Here's another one that's glad that MasterChef has been renewed for another season.
Hell's Kitchen is pretty awful, (This season especially) but I still watch it.
Hell's Kitchen is awful. I haven't watched it the past several seasons, but have heard enough to know that nothing has really changed. Not quite sure how to say this and be "politically correct" and not get booted off the forum, but it's the type of people chosen to compete that turns me off.
Let's just say you wouldn't want them to be your neighbors.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The cast on this season of Hell's Kitchen has really zeroed in on the magical intersection of incompetent and unlikable.
Who knows how much of it is the editing, but still. . .

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
What I don't understand is why they think they have to run reruns on this week and last. We ALL don't watch the Olympics. You would think original programming would sell for the non sport enthusiast. It's not just these two shows, but all the reality stuff, Do you think you can dance, America's got Talent and so on. Very boring two weeks.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mark_B said:
What I don't understand is why they think they have to run reruns on this week and last. We ALL don't watch the Olympics. You would think original programming would sell for the non sport enthusiast. It's not just these two shows, but all the reality stuff, Do you think you can dance, America's got Talent and so on. Very boring two weeks.

I've noticed a lot of gaps in coverage of some of my favorite shows, took me a few days to realize it's the Olympics. I'm with you, This is the cable/satellite era, most people have DVRs, there is no need to interrupt programming when there are 300 other channels the networks could cut in to.
And for those of us not that interested, don't the networks just realize we'll go elsewhere and skip their programming or catch up on older stuff we've recorded. I have yet to start "Falling Skies".
"Alphas" or "XIII", but now have plenty of time.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Mark_B /t/312857/masterchef/30#post_3959786
We haven't watched any of the Olympics and I sure would have liked to have had regular programming....but from what I've read the Olympic ratings have been through the roof so I guess it makes sense not to try and compete with them.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by Carl Miller /t/312857/masterchef/30#post_3959982
.but from what I've read the Olympic ratings have been through the roof so I guess it makes sense not to try and compete with them.

That's because there's nothing else to watch! LOL

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
I was hoping it would be Josh instead of Monti last night (I didn't like it when they let voted-out contestants back into 'Survivor,' either) but this is still a strong final four. Part of me thinks Christine has already got it in the bag. She has a wonderful, inspirational story, and I am in awe of how she could so accurately recreate a dish she couldn't even see.
And why didn't one of the chefs offer Monti a job, like they did with David Martinez? That guy couldn't even cook burgers in one challenge!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DaveHof said:
I was hoping it would be Josh instead of Monti last night (I didn't like it when they let voted-out contestants back into 'Survivor,' either) but this is still a strong final four. Part of me thinks Christine has already got it in the bag. She has a wonderful, inspirational story, and I am in awe of how she could so accurately recreate a dish she couldn't even see.
And why didn't one of the chefs offer Monti a job, like they did with David Martinez? That guy couldn't even cook burgers in one challenge!
Same opinion, I would have bet money Josh was on his way out. Why do they keep letting him slide by?
I'm also with Christine, by far the most talented and obviously her sight is not a problem, she kicked their asses in that tuna competition.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Good episode last night. I'm not enough of a foodie to be awestruck by those special guest judges, but it was fun to see the home cooks and even Gordon act so intimidated.
I'd be fine with either Becky or Christine winning, so I'm glad they sailed through.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I am completely rooting for Christine. Frankly, part of this is to sell a cookbook branded by them. And her style is very "home cook" friendly, and there would be a lot of people snap at it because of her personal story. But putting all that aside, what really works for me about Christine is she's one of those who has a keen understanding of what she's good at and isn't, and she works to play to her strengths in every challenge. That's a big benefit in my book.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by mattCR /t/312857/masterchef/30#post_3968149
I am completely rooting for Christine. Frankly, part of this is to sell a cookbook branded by them. And her style is very "home cook" friendly, and there would be a lot of people snap at it because of her personal story. But putting all that aside, what really works for me about Christine is she's one of those who has a keen understanding of what she's good at and isn't, and she works to play to her strengths in every challenge. That's a big benefit in my book.
Definitely rooting for Christine at this point. I was disappointed to see Frank get sent home instead of Josh. I think throughout the course of the entire season, the judges had him doing better than Josh. As always with these kinds of shows, I always get the feeling the judging is a bit fake.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Sad to see Frank leave. Although for the first time, Josh actually did truly win the elimination round, his souffles were better than Frank's.
Still don't care for him at all, and hope he's next to go, leaving just the two women, who are much more talented than he is.
Christine is still my favorite, hope she makes it all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks