What's new

MasterChef Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw your other thread, but did not realize this was the last straw. :huh: (I also hated the way she stood.)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Not happy with Courtney winning. They all have ego to an extent. But, was just didn't like how Courtney acted.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Elizabeth, this wasn't really the last straw, but sure helped pile it on. I think it was that god awful Utopia I caught last week that did it for me. :(

I don't like her attitude. Elizabeth (not you) was a lot more humble, and surprised that she did well. I find those qualities more appealing.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Well, a thunderstorm rolled thru Monday night so I didn't get to watch the episode and then on Tuesday, before I could view it on Hulu, I learned who won.

I understand the "sex sells" aspect and I'm sure the producer's left Elizabeth's line in when she said something to the effect that just because she wasn't naked on guy's laps doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to take home the prize. Both are attractive women but I always feel these shows need someone presentable on a cover. I think Courtney is going to appeal to more people. I still think Leslie was the "main" one, although the last two episodes he was pretty nervous and breaking down, which is something we didn't see earlier on. A simple mistake brought him down. Somewhat of a simple mistake (with the lamb) caused Elizabeth.

But as far as reality shows go, I watch very few outside of shows like this, DEADLIEST CATCH and various nature shows. With that said, of course they're all fake and there's no reality to them. I know a friend who got to see one of those TruTV shows taped and he talked about how there were at least twenty outtakes of the same thing. There's a reason these shows have "writers" because, as Kubrick said, reality is rather boring. I really don't go into these shows thinking we're seeing stuff that isn't in same way staged I mean, the past three episodes came down to the "last dish" to determine the winner. Obviously the dishes were set up that way. I mean, Courtney won two of the three dishes but if those dishes had been the first two, there's no drama for that third. So do the three judges try the food first? Are they dishes then set up in order to allow the third and final to take it all?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Michael Elliott said:
I really don't go into these shows thinking we're seeing stuff that isn't in same way staged I mean, the past three episodes came down to the "last dish" to determine the winner. Obviously the dishes were set up that way. I mean, Courtney won two of the three dishes but if those dishes had been the first two, there's no drama for that third. So do the three judges try the food first? Are they dishes then set up in order to allow the third and final to take it all?
I always think about this, too. It is always, always the last dish even on "Hell's Kitchen" when they have chefs or critics tasting the food. Come on!! I sometimes wonder if they are told which to pick, regardless of the taste!!

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
It seems a lot of people are unhappy. Apparently there are some nude photos that were just released and apparently some of the shoes she wore on the shoe had a price tag of over $1200. I don't know how legit either one are but it's clear she's probably the most hated winner ever.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Jeebus. Isn't reddit great?Just looking at her is like fingers on a chalkboard. Not my cup of tea.Some of our philly members should go down to her club if interested and report back. I guess she has something to do with their zagat rated kitchen. I'd laugh if she was still there, "aerial dancing"God I hated that contestant.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Michael Elliott said:
It seems a lot of people are unhappy. Apparently there are some nude photos that were just released and apparently some of the shoes she wore on the shoe had a price tag of over $1200. I don't know how legit either one are but it's clear she's probably the most hated winner ever.
I have shoes worth around $1200: I wear them frequently. I don't see the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks