What's new

Massive Discounts on Warner Brothers DVD Boxed TV Sets (1 Viewer)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

I work at Wal-Mart and I will find out tomorrow. I hope it is, I do remember seeing a displayer with the WB logo emblazened on it but not sure.

TimothyO

Agent
I happened to walk into a target because my friends and I were bored. I also just happened to walk past the DVDs and almost died when I saw this sale.

I picked One Tree Hill and Nip/Tuck. These were two sets that I had planned on buying later on due to a couple of factors. I just couldn't pass an 18 dollar DVD set though, lol.

I should have picked up Lois & Clark but I only had my credit card on me and didn't know how far in my limit I was. Oh well. I'll probably go back later.

StacyV

Second Unit
At Target, I bought Smallville S1 and the first two seasons of E.R. I was tempted to do a Gilmore Girls blind buy as well but didn't.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was very sad. I walked into this second Target store and they had been substituting Gilmore Girls Season 3 for Season 1 since they were sold out. They were sold out of Season 3 .... argh, I'm so pissed right now. I really wanted to get that set for $18.88 ... dammit all to hell. I'm hoping the sale is extended past this week.:frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
In fact, according to info posted around these parts, today is the last day. I hope it's extended as well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you guys know that you can price match at bestbuy and
CC.

also if target is out of a title you can get a raincheck that is good for 90 days.

then you can wait until it is in stock then try to price match then with the rc.

i just bought smallvilla 1 and lois + clark at best buy for about
$15 each after a match.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The Target store I was in yesterday (near my office) told me they do not do rainchecks on DVDs or CDs. I'm going to try a lcoal store tonight. Too late to go back to the other or to try to price-match at CC or Best Buy (all of which are near my office, only Target is in my neck of the woods.)

Regards,

Joe

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
too bad.
i was able to get rainchecks for smallville season 1 and 2,
2 copies on each raincheck.
you can tell them how many copies of the title you plan to buy with the rc.

John*D

Second Unit
Went to Wal*Mart and they had a pretty big big square BOX display with all these titles... LOTS of SMALLVILLE!

Too bad I'm not in the market for ElovesR, ER, and Nip/Tuck right now. I'd definitely buy them if I was. Hopefully these low prices will stick around indefinitely.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Today was definitely the end of the sale at Target. I got to my local store about 10 minutes before closing time and they had already removed the sale prices from the rack they had the special deal DVDs on. I decided to take a chance on Smallville season one (sort of a companion to Lois and Clark), but this store, too, was sold out of Nip/Tuck. But here I found a clerk who not only told me I could absolutely get a raincheck, but who went to the back of the store and to see if there were still any sets in the back. He thought that if a title sold out in the later part of the evening the staff may not have bothered refilling the display given that the sale was ending in a few hours. Sure enough, he came back with the last copy of Nip/Tuck.

I'm still ticked that the other store told me "no rainchecks". I'm going to check out Smallville tomorrow and if I like it I may call that store on Monday and see if I can get a manager to cough up a raincheck for season 2. ;)

Regards,

Joe

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I put these on layaway:

ER - 1,2
Gilligan's Island - 2
Nip/Tuck - 1
Smallville - 1,2
The West Wing - 1,2
Without a Trace - 1

I plan on it someday:

Wonder Woman - 1,2
Lois and Clark - 1 (not available where I saw them)
Everybody Loves Raymond - 1,2
Dukes of Hazzard - 1,2
Dallas - 1+2

FrancisP

Screenwriter
At my local Wal-mart, they have a display with all of the Warner box sets at at $19.86 or thereabouts. That means they will be at that price until Monday night around midnight.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I don't know who told you that Target does not give out rainchecks but I would have asked to talk to the store manager.

I talked to one of the executives that works at the store I work at and I've known her for almost five years now and she told me that if an item is advertised priced in a circular is sold out in the store and unless the ad says "No Rainchecks" will be given, Target will issue a raincheck or possibly substitute the item for another with the same discount. Due to the recent Warner Bros discounted sale (the DVD's were discounted at 69%) Target would have substituted the DVD's, at least the store I work at does that.

I would call the Target you went to adn explained the problem to the Store Manager.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, the clerk I did talk to called someone one those walkie-talkies they all carry (I assumed it was a manager) and he was told "no rainchecks on DVDs". I certainly do plan to call the store and do was you suggest. In the meantime I'm glad to know the store near my house understands the concept of customer service and trying to make things right.

Regards,

Joe

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Trust me on this, the ad did not say that there was a "No Rainchecks" thing attached to the sale. Target does have a standaing policy regarding Rainchecks and Substituing.

I don't know who told you that, because I told the same thing at a different Target store regarding Gilmore Girls Season 3 that was being substituted at another Target store and they told me no. When I asked one one of the managers at the store I work at she said she could me Gilmore Girls Seasons 3 and Seasons 4 in substituted for the two rainchecks I previously had.:D

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I found an unadvertised price reduction on a Universal title at Wal-Mart. It was season 1 of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" for $19.96. I looked for other "Law & Order" titles and none of the few that I found were listed at this price, not could I find other Universal TV titles at this price. This set features 22 episodes from season 1 on 6 single-sided DVDs with 4 episodes per disc. The sixth disc contains some bonus material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks