What's new

Massive Discounts on Warner Brothers DVD Boxed TV Sets (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Everyone, I know it's me again, but I thought I'd share some huge news with everyone ...

I work at a local Target store here in Flint Michigan and right now, apparently this may be a store-wide sale across all Target stores but there is a massive sale on Warner Brothers boxed DVD sets.

Friends Season 1 and 2
Gilmore Girls Season 1 and 2
Smallville Season 1 (Possible on Season 2 - my store didn't have them out)
One Tree Hill Season 1
Lois and Clark Season 1

These boxed sets are selliing all this week for $18.88. I'll definately be picking up Lois and Clark and possibly Smallville Season 1 if Smallville Season 2 is on sale as well.

If you haven't picked up these sets before, I'd suggest picking them up this week.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
The full list is:
Dallas - 1+2
Dukes of Hazzard - 1,2
ER - 1,2
Everybody Loves Raymond - 1,2
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - 1
Friends - 1,2
Full House - 1
Gilligan's Island - 1,2
Gilmore Girls - 1,2
Lois and Clark - 1
Nip/Tuck - 1
One Tree Hill - 1
Smallville - 1,2
The Waltons - 1
The West Wing - 1,2
Without a Trace - 1
Wonder Woman - 1,2

Not all locations will have all titles.
This is a PRICE DROP, not a sale, although Target is going lower than the 19.99 WB price. Reports are coming in that some Wal-Marts and K-Marts have these on sale for 19.99.

I've also heard rumblings of a BV price drop coming soon...

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
That's one hell of a list of titles that they're dropping ... but it's going to make for an interesting slew with thoser rebates really flying off the shelves. I wonder how long that price drop is going to be on for?

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno, It's indefinate I guess. It should get around to all retailers soon.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
That gives me a chance to scarf up a lot of those sets as well. The ones that are going to be on my list to get will be:

ER - S1,2
Gilmore Girls - S1,2
Lois and Clark - S1
One Tree Hill - S1
Smallville - S1,2
Without a Trace - S1
Wonder Woman - S1

I'm definately going to be salivating at this one because I had never considered buying those sets before and now this gives me an opportunity to collect these seasons and these newer titles to add to my list.

Now, if only Universal would do the same ...:D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Are you sure about this? Warner doesn't have anything about the lowered SRP on their press site, which is where stuff like this is mentioned.

Gord

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I've been searching all over Google and I can't find any mention about Warner's price drop all across the board and at all stores.

I'd like to know where he got that information from as well and if that sale will be running for awhile because I'd like an opportunity to buy a lot of those sets.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I definately plan on Smallville Season 1 and Season 2 and possibly Lois and Clark.:D Too bad Battlestar Galactica isn't included, but then again, that's Uni.

By the way, what's with Gilmore Girls? I thought that's a series for young girls ...

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
The reason I'll go for Gilmore Girls instead of other shows is because I own all of the other shows I'm interested in (Everybody Loves Raymond, The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, Friends, Lois & Clark, Smallville, The West Wing), and Gilmore Girls might hold some interest, and at that price, it's worth it. It would be easier if there was a way to order online, though.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

No, Gilmore Girls is a series for anyone with a sense of humor, who appreciates sparkling dialogue, a screw-balll comedy sensibility and the way Lauren Graham looks in a pair of tight jeans. :)

The story is about a woman who got pregnant at age 16 trying to raise her daughter - who is just turning 16 herself as the series starts - and trying to make her own way in the world despite insane parents, a confused love life and a small townful of eccentrics getting in her way.

I already have the first four seasons or I'd've take advantage of this deal myself.

As it is I'll probably pick up Nip/Tuck, another of those "continuing" series that I had to come in late on buth which I can catch up on via DVD, and probably Lois & Clark, which was a lot of fun.

Maybe Wonder Woman, too. ;)

Regards,

Joe

John*D

Second Unit
It would be great if OC S2 and One Tree Hill S2 were included in the sale...

If it's not just a sale, hopefully other retailers will catch up including those found online, AMAZON/DDD.

Too bad I already own Smallville 1/2, L&C, and F's 1/2.

I might consider getting the ElovesR, and ER sets!

GORD, try to get some info from WB about these prices.

Three major retailer stores can't just be a coincidence, can it? Maybe just some competition...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I suspect they're too recent to be included. The series that have 2 seasons available at the deep discount all have at least 4 seasons in stores already.

Regards,

Joe

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Well I hope they are price drops and not sales. If so I might rent some of these shows like gilmore and niptuck to see if i like them enough to buy any.

oh how i wish la femme nikita's set were 18.88! :frowning: Even if it were only season 1

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I remember when my wife was watching Gilmore Girls on TV on ABC Family channel re-runs. I said what is this show... I started watching it with her and now I'm hooked.

I bought her Seasons 3 & 4 recently with their new release price sale of 30% off when they first came out. I saw that Target had Seasons 1 & 2 for $18.88 a piece.

I went out and bought them for her today. I guess it's going to be a Gilmore Girls Christmas for her. Seasons 1-4!!!! It was like buying one and getting the other FREE!!!

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Gord,
Well, if it isn't a price drop, I'd be surprised. It might a temporary price drop (ie, a sale..), but it's not just at Target, it's at multiple stores. Wal-Mart employees have even reported they got shippers in with all of these titles which were to be marked down to 19.99.

Here's one of the threads about it:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...ghlight=K-Mart

Who knows what it is..?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I started with the ABC Family reruns after seeing Lauren Graham on "Celebrity Poker". ;)

With this deal you're certainly going to beat Amazon's %161 price for The Complete Seasons 1 through 4 Pack. Don't forget, Season 5 streets December 13th and will finally include a commentary track!

(I'm TiVoing Season 6 and archiving it to my computer with TiVo2Go, so I'll be able to catch up once I'm done with S5 - which I figure I'll probably get to start on ABC Family and finish on DVD.)

Later,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Remember: you buy six of these things, you get $50 back from WB. Could be a good combo with these savings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks