What's new

MASH The Complete Series Boxed Set (1 Viewer)

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
Sweet. Thanks the edge of all those seasons going for cheap occasionally. Might as well just buy them all in one go when the mood hits.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm also thinking about alternatively maybe giving the sets to my dad and buying him a DVD player and giving him the sets as a sort of christmas present. My dad originally got me addicted to MASH way back in the 70's when me and my brother had to watch the shows that he liked to watch. Now, I'm a huge devoted fan of this series.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting, though - no notation on the TVSODVD blurb about episode commentaries - to me that would be the one extra which would cause all who bought the original season sets to have buy the new master set. Without commentaries, the master set might not be a must buy

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Because that would involve them changing the existing discs. If you look at all the "complete series" sets you'll notice that they all include a bonus disc (or two, or three), but the previously released seasons stay the same. That's because they can use the same masters to produce the new discs, then just change the disc art. If they added commentaries then they'll have to go and change the menus, and create new masters, which drives up their costs. They're more interested in selling something which has 90% of the costs already paid for through the other season sets.

Gord

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I almost wish I was a MASH fan, that set sounds sweet, and 11 seasons for under $200 (and don't forget DDD sale coming up) is a bargain

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy and Target will have the sets for around $150-175, most likely. ;) I'm looking forward to this set. I'm expecting that Best Buy will have the set price between $100-150, though.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
As happy I'm to hear that they've decided to package all related MASH shows/movies in one set - it was inevitable, what I'd love the studio to do for us people that purchased each season as they became available is to provide us with those extras mentioned for the series set in Season 11. Does anyone think they would?

Joe

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
One of the reason why I never bought the individual sets. Knew sometime there would be a complete set.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I dislike how people say "I'm glad I never bought the season sets" because I'm one who did. To me, doing this now is a slap in the face to everyone (like myself) who has loyally bought each season as it came out. I'll buy the 11th set but am not going to buy the entire series a second time.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
No disrespect was intended. Just come to realize that these shows will eventually come in a complete set sometime down the line. MASH was/is one of my all-time favorite TV shows and I still watch the reruns when they are one. I do buy season sets from time to time but not as much as some people and loyalty has nothing to do with it.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I only got the first 3 seasons, then "lost steam" as I got sidetracked with all sorts of other TV releases. I suppose it might make sense to offload those 3 and get this now instead of the remaining 8...

Coressel

Supporting Actor
I bought the first 8 seasons, but I plan on giving them to my sister and her family, then I'll grab this set. I'm curious to see what the "extras" are, exactly.

Glad to see tvshowondvd posted my news submission!

:)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Nope. They're putting the extras in the big set, and they want you to rebuy the seasons to get it.

Gord

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yep. I know how you feel. I bought a bunch of the individual Star Trek TOS 2 eps DVDs. Then they come out with those nice full season sets. Grrr... In their defense, season sets came popular a bit after Paramount started releasing those.

Releasing all extras for those who bought the older versions would seem the right thing to do.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i only bought the first 4, for cheap during b1 g1 free sales, so here they go to ebay.
i think i only opened the first one too.

seems a shame that an offer for those that already bought all of them isnt available.

"if you already own all the mash sets, send us the upc's to recieve the new materials."

Coressel

Supporting Actor
I also find it odd that they are including Altman's film with this set, considering that it has just been reissued again with other Altman films.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that this is a big FU to those of us who have bought the sets as they've been released over the past 5 years. The least they could do is include the bonus discs with the final season--then those who don't have any of the sets will get a nice deal on all of them, and those of us who bought them separately won't get the shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks