What's new

Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 2 coming in July (CONSOLIDATED DISCUSSION) (1 Viewer)

Anthony D

Grip
Hi all,

TVShowsondvd.com has posted information on MTM Season 2! It should release in July at $29.95.

I can't post the specific URL to the info page, but just visit TV Shows on DVD for the details.

Woo hoo!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
DVDPlanet messed up when they posted the specs; it will be a 3 disc set, not 4 (but there ARE going to be extras on it).

Gord

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was at Wal-Mart today and came across a display of Fox S1 sets for $14.44 each - 1 of which was MTM S1! Since S2 is finally announced, I bought it. Great deal, and looking forward to S2 this summer.

Anthony D

Grip
Joe:

Thanks! I don't have enough posts here to allow posting of URLs.

Scott_J:

Lucky dog! I got mine at Amazon.com when they had reduced the price and I thought I got a good deal.

Gord:

Thanks for the update.

Is there much music in MTM to have a rights issue??

Anthony D

Grip
Joe:

When I went to post the URL originally, I got an error message stating that I didn't have 15 posts to the HTF thus I was not able to post a URL...odd, but true!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It only takes one song. On season 1, Mary Tyler Moore's rendition of a Christmas song is cut short, presumably because of music rights. In any case, it was enough for some people (including myself) to bypass purchasing season 1. I'll buy season 2, but only if it's uncut, including any music.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
What kind of a break do you want? As long as you're not asking me to go spend my money on a censored product (which I refuse to do), I can probably accomodate you.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
For $14.44 at Walmart, I seriously doubt that hearing 5 seconds of "White Christmas" instead of the original 15 will break anyone's ego or piggybank. How about enjoying the other 23 complete episodes, and recording the Christmas episode from syndication? Of course the episode will be totally hacked from 25 to about 21 minutes, but at least you'd get to enjoy those 10 seconds that are missing. Just a thought.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
$14.44?!?! It's going for $37 at Amazon and $26+ on Ebay. I've never even seen the set at Wal-Mart.

If that's true, here's a little advice: Go buy a truckload and start selling them on Ebay.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
As it's now a 3-disc set, I expect it will be the same format as The Bob Newhart Show, i.e. 3 double-sided discs, one single/one double thincase in a slip cover. It won't match the Season 1 box, but if seasons 2-7 match, we can claim that Season 1 was a deluxe special.

If only the later format had been used from the start of TV on DVD - we would now have a lot more space on our shelves (TBNS takes up little more width than a standard Amaray case)

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

I'm wondering if $14.44 is the price for the "starter set" of MTM and not the price for the full season. That price is a little unbelievable for me as well unless it is a mistake. If the set is indeed that price, I'll pick up a couple copies for gifts.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well it's certainly not about my piggybank - I'm one of the few people who was not at all fazed by the price, I would have gladly paid what they were asking for a complete set of season 1 episodes. Hell, I'd send them a check right now for $100 if they'll send me the complete season one with the song restored. :)

What this is about is principle. Mock me if you want, but on principle, I will not buy a needlessly censored version of any tv show. This includes Wiseguy & Kung Fu (which I love much more than MTM), or any other show. If buying censored product doesn't bother you - great! Call me a snob if you wish, call it my "ego", but that's just the way it is. I'm only one lost sale for season 1, but I'm perfectly happy watching uncut Dick Van Dyke Show instead of cut Mary Tyler Moore Show (and hopefully I can soon add uncut Bob Newhart Show).

Obviously many others don't share those principles, so it's no big deal to buy the set. But I have to be true to my principles. There are people who on principle don't eat meat. That doesn't stop me from eating meat, but I respect them avoiding it if that's their principle.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Most of this thread is people complaining about Mary Tyler Moore not coming out, I would have kept the other thread seperate even though it is on topic because most people who read this board would think it was just more people complaining Mary Tyler Moore isn't out yet and they wouldn't know by the topic that it is back on schedule.

Paul

MattHR

Screenwriter

It's not a mistake. Fox has been offering retailers special promotional pricing on several of their "Season 1" sets recently. Amazon had about a dozen sets for $14.99 awhile back, and Costco had many for $17.99 a few weeks ago. Best Buy also had a huge Fox special recently.

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
FINALLY GOOD NEWS ABOUT MARY!!!!!
Although I am quite sceptical as to the outcome, I will buy Season 2 a soon as it comes out. Will it be another 3 years after the release of season 2? Or will all of us diehard fans be stuck with only 2 complete seasons of MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW. Time will tell I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks