What's new

Mary Tyler Moore/ Bob Newhart Show Remaining Seasons Petition (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Seems fans have been waiting some time to get the final seasons of Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart Show released so I decided to start a new online petition for both shows to get the remaining seasons released on DVD. People who purchased these shows should be given the chance to buy the rest of the series to complete their collections

here is the link

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/mar...bobnewhartdvds

Brian Wolman

Auditioning
I signed, but your petition incorrectly states the Bob Newhat show had 7 seasons. It only had 6.
I watched its last original episode April 1, 1978 on a sad sad Saturday night. Cant Believe its been almost 30 years....

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Any help is good. But the reality is that if these shows had sold they would have released the rest of the seasons. Money talks.

Claude North

Second Unit
I had a rather odd dream the other night that Fox released a compilation called The Mary Tyler Moore Show: The Best of Seasons 5-7. There was an explanation on the box that song clearance issues prevented them from releasing complete sets of the remaining seasons, so they decided to compile favorite episodes from those last three seasons and issue them as a box set.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Hey, Amazon is having a Bob Newhart Show sale for the first 4 seasons at $14.99 each. If there's enough of a spike in sales, it may cause Fox to consider releasing more seasons of the series.

I enjoyed the show off and on in reruns over the years, but have held off purchasing mainly due to the price and the fact that I'm not a hardcore fan. However, this is too good a deal to pass up, so I went ahead and purchased Season 4 to start with. Here's hoping other casual fans do the same.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I have all the MTM and BN sets, so I signed the pertition. Hopefully the amazon sale does well enough--my TV-on- DVD library is incomplete without the complete runs of these fine comedies.

XMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Klaus
MTM and Bob Newhart are two of the all-time greatest tv shows ever. It is a shame that these have yet to be released in their entirety. I'm still holding out hope!

If your only option was to buy a complete series set for each, would you bite? Even though you may have already purchased all available seasons already?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I signed it, now could you all please sign mine for Wheeler & Woolsey. Classic comedy comes in many different packages. I love that Bob, Newhart that is, gonna go watch him now. Hopefully the series Newhart will sell well and people may pick up backstock copies of the the Bob Newhart show and speed up the process of releasing both of them. Mary is great, and though I do want more, I kind of want Rhoda on DVD even more right now and hope that when it comes they will include the animated primetime special, Carlton, Your Doorman.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I definitely want the rest of these seasons as do all fans but if the reality is that these sets didn't sell well then they just didn't. Gotta put your money where your mouth is, folks.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I personally think that Fox is doing this on purpose. Think about it. They say season 1 of Mary didn't sell well so they waited three years before releasing season 2. Well, apparantly season 2 sold well enough to get season 3 and season 3 sold enough to get season 4. So, they may be holding off a few years to generate more interest in both series before they finish them off. I really can't believe that these shows have been abandoned. I think it's all a marketing ploy.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I don't see why Fox didn't think of the idea to release TBNS season 5 alongside Newhart season 1. It would've been a genius marketing ploy and would've helped both shows

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

I disagree, the Bob Newhart Show and Newhart have almost the same audience. It is like splitting the ballet, a lot of people can't afford to buy both.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They could have done a buy 1 get 1 free or half off deal.

And please don't sign petitions for shows you don't intend to buy just for sympathy.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, I think people pretty much wrote Newhart off on DVD because of Fox's treatment with TBNS. If they announced season 5 to go along with Newhart, I think more people would've considered getting it. I mean, they release two Cosby Show sets at a time, why not release sets for two separate Bob Newhart shows on the same day? Maybe a "if you buy both, save $10" coupon tagged onto the sets would help as well.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

well, I think it's good to do it out of sympathy. There are a lot of shows I have no desire to get, but nonetheless should be completed on DVD even if it only sells a margin on what Friends or 24 does.

droach75

Auditioning
Real Name
darrell roach
In less than a month (6/3/08) The Hulk Seasons 3-5 get released on the same day.

Fingers crossed Fox do the honourable thing and release the remaining seasons of Mary & Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks