What's new

Mary Kay LeTourneau...disgusting... (1 Viewer)

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
I've been watching this thread for awhile and have refrained from commenting, but I'm now compelled to throw in my two cents.

While she may not currently be engaged in criminal activity, she has clearly demonstrated a complete lack of discretion and blatant disregard for boundaries put in place to prevent the exploitation of children. Why? Because of "love". Give me a freaking break! This woman is clearly flawed. Any adult (male or female) that falls in "love" with a child and acts on that impulse should be locked up. Period.

And I don't blame the guy for staying with her. As a teenage guy, if I had an older woman (in a position of authority, no less) persuing me, it would be hard to turn her down. (Hell, if I actually had anyone persuing me when I was a teenager, I'd surely not turn them down ;) ).

Mary abused her position of authority to exploit a child and nothing anyone says changes that fact. So now that he's 18 and "legal" does that make what she did just go away? I can only hope that once this kid grows up he realizes how sick she really is and gets as far away from her as possible.

It's stories like this that leave me shaking my head and wonder if my dad was right... I don't quite remember exactly what he said but is was something about hell and a handbasket.

-Mike

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Are you saying that 12 year olds should now be allowed to decide if they are in love with someone about 3 times their age because they think they are in love? Again, let me know if you would still feel that way if it was your kid. Vili making a bet with his buddies on how he was going to bang the teacher tells me what part of his body he was thinking with. Doesn't sound like love in that case. Sounds more like lust.

Do you guys really belive that what happened to him DIDN'T change his point of view of how he feels about her?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Michael, what do you want to do? Prevent the marriage? Continue to shout "shame!" at her for the rest of her life? What?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Because it is an adult male who she sexually asaulted when he was a CHILD! Why don't YOU get this?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
"Assault"? Obviously, it wasn't against his will, so how was it an "assault"? I'll ask again, what do you want to do?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Robert, you choose not to answer my questions by dancing around them so why should I answer yours? When I do answer you you take a few words out of my paragraph and quote me on that - taking them completely out of context.

You still haven't even answered the simplist question: Do you have kids? That can be answered with a simple yes or no.

You never truly know someone so your vague answer of whether or not you would let he watch your kids is a cop out.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
What does "You never truly know someone" mean? That the kindly old grandmother down the street you've known for years "could" be a closet serial killer? Why trust anyone with your kids then?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike

What do I want to do with her? I want nothing to do with her.

Do I think that she should be capitalizing on the fact that she's marrying someone who she was arrested for and pleaded guilty to sexually molesting? Hell no.

The fact that she is making money off of all this is disgusting. Doesn't surprise me though, even Vili tried to sue the school for $1 Million dollars after he was molested. Hmmm... I thought he was in love? Why should the school have to pay for what he wanted to happen? (If you all believe that a boy can truly decide what he wants) Why did he try and sue for money if he wanted it to happen?? For the children they had together? Didn't he know what could happen? Oh... he was just a kid. I forgot. ;)

Once they make their money off this garbage and the press goes away I don't expect this to last very long.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Now we come to agreement. :) Of course, I blame the idiots who gobble this stuff up, not her. As I said, we should just leave the two of them alone.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
It is a well known fact that most child molestations are committed by a family member. I'm not saying that you can't trust anyone, I'm not the one dancing around the question. You are.

Can I trust my care giver who has 10 years of daycare experience, glowing referrals, 2 children of her own, and the fact that she hasn't been arrested for child molestation? Hell yes.

Can I trust Mary kay...? According to your answer... maybe.

You can tell that you don't have kids of your own.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
We agree and disagree. I still think that she is at some fault here. She doesn't have to sell their wedding to the highest bidder. I also think that this shouldn't be just "accepted" as normal. I hope that is not what we have come to.

EDIT: I have to get back to work... :D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member

Micheal, your arguments grow weaker with each attempt to pull people's emotional strings.

--
H

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
I know I should leave this alone, but...

Because, of course, nothing she has done has anything to do with her current situation. She cannot reasonably be held responsible for society's disapproval of her actions which were clearly deeds of the heart. What we are forgetting that people are individuals and should be able to do whatever they want without fear of consequences or retribution. [/SARCASM]

-Mike

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Holadem, your one liners are getting old.

Vili's own words when he was 18. Guess he really wanted that money. :rolleyes

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Why does one have to have kids in order to have no problems with the marriage?

I agree with Holadem, you are mixing your feelings for your own kids into this mix. The thought of this woman with your children scares you. That's fine and understandable, but that's not what we are discussing here.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
You guys are forgetting that this was a kid that she was sleeping with. A kid, not an adult.

Anyone with kids can't help but think.. "What if this happened to my kid". I would hate to have my child run into a person like Mary Kay. So this is true.

I've already stated how I feel about them making money off all this. That has nothing to do with my kids, just society as a whole. Very sad...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks