What's new

Mary Kay LeTourneau...disgusting... (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Let me ask you this - Would you let a convicted child molester/pedophile take care of your kids?

You may have the answer to your question.

EDIT: Being a convicted child molester is much different than having a record for a minor infraction/crime. This is why child molesters are on a "list" and watched closely after release.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
perhaps i should have said "it can become my business if i want it to" because they are all over tv. nobody is forcing them to appear on television, and they are letting the viewing public know about their private lives. maybe it isnt my business because i dont watch, but now, they cant say that i'm not able to make it my business. actually i'm not sure they are "all over tv", i havent seen it. but if, in a few years, they complain about their lack of privacy, i wont feel sorry for them.

CJ

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I didn't say someone who's served a sentence has no potential to do it again. I asked is it proper to put such a label on a person REGARDLESS of post prison behavior (especially in the case of Mary Kay LeTourneau, who certainly does not fit the profile of someone such as this):

http://crime.about.com/b/a/156464.htm

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, me neither. I hope they get hastled by the media. I hope they find out that using the media (like they have) will turn against them.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Indeed. Double edged sword, fame. But in time their notoriety will fade......maybe.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Yet she went right back and broke the law once again. She admitted it was wrong and did it again, that's why I wouldn't want her with my son.

I'm sure that if this was a guy and we were talking about your daughter it wouldn't even be up for debate.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
All that means is that people should be treated as individuals. Labeling her doesn't make her exactly like all other such people. You admit this when you say "if she were this...."

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I noticed that you have dodged my question twice. Would you let her take care of your 12 or 13 year old son? Yes or no?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
That's as relevant as asking you if you'd let, say, Jennifer Wilbanks or Britney Spears take care of your kid. Since she's a total stranger to me, the answer is no. That doesn't mean I consider her currently to be a criminal. Do you?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
You should be in politics. ;)
Would you seriously let ANY convicted child molester watch your kids whether you knew them or not? I sure as hell wouldn't. How about you?

People are giving the parents of the kid that was allegedly sexually assaulted by Michael Jackson a tough time and he has NEVER been convicted of child molestation. You are saying that you "May" consider allowing a convicted child molester to watch your kids if they are not a stranger to you.

Child molesters usually can't control these urges. It's not like being put away for a B & E. Mary Kay's history and family background spell trouble to me.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
To play Devils Advocate, what if your son was the same age as her? Would you be ok with it then?

EDIT:Good point. I wouldn't trust her because she did it once before, but I would be cautious of her future actions YET not chastize her for something she hasn't done yet (meaning, you shouldn't blame her now for her past).

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
What are you asking? Is she a convicted child molester and they meet as adults? If so as an adult he can do what he wants. The fact of the matter is this boys life was forever changed because he was molested by an adult when he was 12. An adult whom he had children with. He didn't get a chance to make this decision as an adult. He does now but because of their past history his point of view is damaged/skewed due to being molested by an adult. She didn't serve time for this because it is "OK".

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Michael Jackson has a clear history of multiple instances of child molestation. Where are the multiple instances of child molestation in her case? If she fit the "pattern", why would she marry him? But your use of the Michael Jackson analogy makes it obvious that you can't see the differences. I see that you didn't answer whether she's currently engaged in criminal behavior.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I don't blame her. I'm sure her family molestation has quite a lot to do with it. Still, I would let her watch my kids. I care too much for my children and I would not risk taking a chance with a convicted child molester. I'm surprised this is even being questioned?

Sorry, sometimes what you do in life scars you forever. They let many people out of prison who only turn around to repeat the offence. Just look at the little girl in Florida who was recently murdered by a repeat offender. It's easy to say "Let's let bygones be bygones" when it is not your child.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think the point that some of us are trying to make is, there MAY be the possibility that this boy was TRULY in love. Again, only the law qualifies her as a molestor. Love does not.

The difference with your kids is, they were not the ones in love with her, so YES, I'd be cautious with other kids around her. The argument I'm making has nothing to do with your kids or anyone elses kids. I am strictly talking about the kid she had sex with.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
You seem to think Mary Kay Letourneau is exactly like that person in EVERY respect.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Robert, do you have kids? Would you let ANY child molester take care of your children whether you knew them or not?
Please answer this and I'll know where we sit.

I don't think she is doing anything against the law at the moment but you have to admit that Vili's view of this relationship is skewed due to his past relationship with her as a child. He will never see their relationship the same way we do. As a 12 year old boy who went on to marry his molester.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But you see it that way. I see it as, a boy who went on to marry the woman he was in love with at age 12.

Could his idea of "love" be wrong? SURE AS HELL YES!, but I've been in love with women that was nothing even CLOSE to what love is. So should I not be allowed to marry anyone?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Glad you answered that, Michael. How about we all just leave her and Vili alone now?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks