What's new

MARVEL is bringing four new live-action shows to Netflix leading to a "Defenders event" (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm curious which Moon Knight we would see.
Current iteration (post 2K), or original 80s-90s version.

The original is my favorite Marvel character.
I completely gave up on the rebooted/returned version after several issues. It just wasn't the same character to me

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Marvel doesn't rule out the Defenders appearing in the Avengers films but don't count on it. They say it's "complicated."

http://collider.com/avengers-infinity-war-defenders-crossover-anthony-russo/
Avengers: Infinity War co-director Anthony Russo said the following.

It’s complicated. When we start to serialize the telling of stories it’s difficult. You have to have a lot of control and focus on the course of history. The films are controlled by a group led by Kevin Feige, so they function as a unit. Other products, even if they are from Marvel, are controlled by others. Then there is the possibility of a crossover, but it’s more complicated. It is a smaller scale version of the problem that exists when remembering that Fox holds the rights to some of Marvel’s most popular characters, as does Sony and others. As storytellers, we only have control over what happens in Marvel movies, but everything is possible, Spider-Man became possible!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was never a fan of the Punisher. To me, he was a right-wing antagonist; although he was created in the 70s (crime in New York in the 70s was infamous), he seemed to pick up steam (and was a big hit) in the years after the Bernard Goetz incident in New York City in the mid-80s. I always liked it when Daredevil or Spider-Man stopped him in his tracks. He was not a hero (someone to be emulated) IMO.

That said, I am interested to see what someone like Jon Bernthal (so good in Show Me a Hero) brings to the character, and assuming he adds to the flavor of Daredevil's second season, I would be more than happy to give a Punisher series a chance. I have not ever bothered with the Punisher movies (with Dolph Lundgren and Thomas Jane).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sam Favate said:
I have not ever bothered with the Punisher movies (with Dolph Lundgren and Thomas Jane).

If you're going to watch one, watch the Thomas Jane version. Punisher: War Zone is awful, at least IMHO. Thomas Jane's movie is "fun," or at least as much fun as Punisher can be.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I've got to admit, "Iron Fist" is the Netflix/Marvel project I have the least amount of confidence in.

For me, Marvel has generated so much good will (Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man, Daredevil, JJ, Dr. Strange [!!]) that at this point I completely trust that they will deliver a stellar product. The Netflix/Marvel combo even moreso.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm very interested in Iron Fist. As I recall, the character had an interesting backstory and there's plenty to explore there. I felt as you do for Jessica Jones - a character I really knew nothing about - but I loved that show. Marvel's on a tremendous roll, and it's nice to see a studio consistently producing quality stuff.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jessica Henwick cast as female lead on Marvel’s Iron Fist

The "Game of Thrones" and Force Awakens actress will play Colleen Wing, a martial arts expert who runs a New York City dojo and will serve as "an invaluable ally" to the title character.

JessicaHenwick.jpg

So far all of the actors cast are British "Game of Thrones" veterans.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Good, it's about time! With the success of DD and JJ, and now Punisher being added to the slate of shows, I was afraid that they'd keep pushing this back.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don't think Punisher has been added to the lineup. There are a number of rumors about other characters following the Defenders, but those are just rumor and wishful thinking at this point. Plus, I think it is very likely Daredevil gets a third season. Jessica Jones is getting a second, for sure, and it remains to be seen if Luke Cage and Iron Fist go beyond their first years.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Charlie Cox has said that for him, the Defenders films next - at the end of this year. Luke Cage is set for Sept 30, and Iron Fist will be on before the Defenders in 2017. Jessica Jones season 2, however, is allegedly coming this November.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks