1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

MARVEL is bringing four new live-action shows to Netflix leading to a "Defenders event"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Sean Bryan, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Well-Known Member

Josh Dial
    These days, Jones basically only exists to fight and make up with Luke Cage. Seriously, every issue they are alternatively on the verge of divorce ("I can't take any more of this, Luke! You've changed!) and getting back together ("this is the man I fell in love with!"). There is lots of Luke Cage yelling about how he can't change who he is.

Seriously, it's like a computer program writes for Cage and Jones.

2. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Ah, ok. Doesn't sound too enticing on the surface. Hopefully they have an idea for a take on the character and story that is more interesting. I would imagine so, since they are doing the 13 episode miniseries. I don't know much about Cage either, other than he is a big strong dude. Know nothing about Iron Fist either. Are Cage and Iron First the two that have the "Heroes for Hire" business?I'm getting the impression that the "Defenders" miniseries they are doing is more of a take on "Marvel Knights" with Daredevil, Cage, Punisher, Ghost Rider instead of the Defenders with Dr.Strange, Hulk, Submariner, etc... But maybe they'll still bring in element of those guys?Either way, Strange will definitely be a Phase 3 movie, and MARVEL Studios really needs to do another Hulk film as well.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg
    Yeah, Cage (Power Man) and Danny Rand (Iron Fist) were the Heroes for Hire. I don't think they were involved with the last group of that name, but I think they're supposedly getting the band back together soon.

I think Cage has indestructible skin and that's it. Maybe he has super strength. Rand is a master martial artist with mystical powers that mainly involve flaming fists or something. :)

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

Deadline: Marvel's 'Agent Carter' series development moving forwardCaptain America: The First Avenger's Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely wrote the pilot script, and "Reaper" creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas would be the showrunners if a pilot is ordered. Hayley Atwell would reprise her role as the title character.This is the Marvel TV project I'm most excited about. I loved Markus & McFeely's screenplay for the first Captain America, and I really enjoyed "Reaper" when it was on the CW.If ABC does order it to series, I'd almost prefer it take the "Sleepy Hollow" production model with shorter seasons with lots of lead time between filming and airing.

Sam Favate likes this.
  5. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I'd love to see more of Agent Carter. I think a late 40's setting with her, Howard Stark and Dum Dum Doogan would be great.

6. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
  7. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Well-Known Member

Chip
    While I like the idea of an Agent Carter series, based on the one-shot, I'm not sure how it would be any different than just 1940's Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

Then again, I guess that's a more creative spinoff than just changing the city.

8. Adam Lenhardt

9. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Well-Known Member

Sam Favate
    Lots of chatter on this, coming on the heels of Wright's departure from Ant Man, but I don't think there's anything troublesome here. Goddard got a deal to write and direct a feature; of course he's going to do that. He is still involved as a producer, so I think things will be okay with this.

10. Adam Lenhardt

Yes, Wright's departure is very troubling to me. This is not troubling at all. If anything, the Daredevil character is more suited to DeKnight's sensibilities than Goddard's. DeKnight also has experience writing superheroes for television, having written 15 episodes of "Smallville" toward the end of Millar & Gough's tenure as showrunners.I think a lot of the chatter comes from Latino Review's original story on this, which linked Goddard's departure with Wright's and made no mention that Goddard would continue to be credited as executive producer nor that he was writing the Sinister Six spin-off for Sony.

11. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Yes, I don't see any "pattern" here to get concerned about. Seems like the two departures are two completely different circumstances. DeKnight also worked with Whedon on Buffy and Angel. I think they'll be fine with him as show runner.

12. Brett_M

Brett_M Well-Known Member

Brett Meyer
    Agent Carter series with Haley Atwell? Yes please. I would watch her read a phone book. I'm in love with her.

13. Adam Lenhardt

14. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

Like everyone on Boardwalk Empire, he was great. While I wouldn't have thought of him as Daredevil, his BE character could be a tough & violent guy towards gangsters but he was also tender to non-gangsters. I would assume that that's something that Marvel will want to do with Daredevil too.

15. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    image.jpg http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/10/22659/vincent_donofrio_is_wilson_fisk_on_marvels_daredevil_on_netflix

dana martin likes this.
  16. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

I didn't think anyone COULD replace Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin (not even John Rhys-Davies in the 80's TV-movie), but Pvt. Pyle could do it.
    He's got the bulk, and brings a little extra crazy to it.
    (Well, this was an old post from May...) ;)

17. Adam Lenhardt

18. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Daredevil hits Netflix next May (2015)! image.jpg

dana martin likes this.
  19. Adam Lenhardt

Paste magazine has a good, in-depth interview with new "Daredevil" showrunner Steven S. DeKnight about his background and his plans for the show.

20. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Scott Glenn is Stick!