What's new

MARVEL 1960's Superhero Cartoons (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Someone else e-mailed and asked me the same question earlier today. As I told them: The title hasn't yet been announced through official channels. That usually doesn't occur until around 60 days (sometimes less) before the street date. So I don't expect to hear anything further about Marvel Superheroes until late April or early-to-mid May. IF the titles still coming on schedule, that is. In this business, you never know.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I'm pretty sure it was released on VHS in the mid 80's as I remember renting it from my local video store. This is the only 60s Marvel series I'd purchase.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm only concerned because Disney recently pulled the Spider-Man TAS set from release due to some contentions with the Marvel company from what I understand so I was curious if they've publically denounced the proposed superheros box or if anymore developments came about... I guess not.

Thanks.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

Disney doesn't really have a reason to publicly denounce the 60s Marvel Super Heroes DVD because they never publicly announced its release. I'm afraid that since they had put a good deal of money into advertising Spider-Man: The Venom Saga and then pulled it...hopes aren't good for future Marvel releases until the lawsuit is over.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
well since word leaked out to the news sites and listings at Amazon were posted for pre-orders, I assume that Disney will have to inform someone if they opt not to greenlight the release...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Now that I think of it, you must be right. I must have been confusing it with an old UHF station that showed the old FF cartoon plus Galaxy Trio, Thundercats, Silverhawks, The Comic Strip, etc when I was a kid. Thanks for clarifying. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

That really doesn't mean anything to me. Nothing in that article that it references says that they got a confirmation from Disney/Buena Vista. It appears to me that whoever wrote the article simply noticed it listed at AMAZON.COM...which means nothing.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As I said in post 23 of this thread, there won't be anything official from the studio about this title until at least April, IF its still coming on the date Amazon says (BV's position on that listing seems to be that they haven't authorized the retailer to post that title yet, and that they aren't responsible for the date Amazon shows).

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I wonder if this title will be put "on hold" like the Spider-Man: The Venom Saga DVD, that was supposed to be released Winter 2004.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

The only reason for that to have been pulled is because of the Marvel lawsuit. From what I can figure, Spider-Man The Venom Saga was completed and ready to go. So I'm sure we will see Spider-Man The Venom Saga back on the schedule BEFORE we hear Marvel Super-Heroes being announced by the studio. I'd bet ALL work was halted on Marvel Super-Heroes at the same time they decided to pull Spider-Man The Venom Saga.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Too true. Besides, it's quite possible Spider-Man: The Venom Saga was delayed to tie into this upcoming box set's summer release.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear about 'The Venom Saga' though I still won't give in to any of these releases until Disney comes forward with proper season sets...

I was really looking forward to that Marvel Superheroes box-set most of all, I hope it's not off the schedule for good.. There were a few discs released in the UK though I've heard the video quality is horrible.

I've never seen the 90's Fantastic Four cartoons, how does it compare with the 60's adaptation?

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

I hear from comic book fans that the first season of the 90's FF is horrible and that the second season is very good. Apparently there was a complete change in the creative department between seasons.

Personally, I watched the episode that was on the Spider-Man vs. Daredevil DVD. It was a second season episode with Daredevil...I was less than impressed. I was never a fan of the 90's Spider-Man or X-Men cartoons either though. So if you like those, you'd probably like the second season of 90's FF.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I'll buy the FF set. Season 2 is very good containing mostly adaptations from the original Jack Kirby comics and John Byrne issues. Season 1 is very VERY bad. That disc will NEVER be watched.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Thanks for the heads up Dave! I was really looking forward to both the Marvel's 60s' Superhero cartoons as well as the 1960s' Fantastic Four set. Now that I know neither set is going to be released, I can look forward to saving alot of mula that I can spend on other classic DVD sets in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks