What's new

Marilyn Monroe on blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I hope 2012 we will see more of Marilyn. I made it a point to see 'My Week With Marilyn" and thought it quite good. I think it may get a few Oscar Nods.

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
With the 50th Anniversary of Marilyn's death....SMASH...and the Broadway " Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"......why is FOX still not releasing any Marilyn Blu Rays. Is the video department run by 22years olds who don't know who she was and is?

Ratko Mladic

BANNED
Easy there, fella.20 Century Fox is putting out a MM box set this year.
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
How to Marry a Millionaire
River of No Return
The Seven Year Itch
There's No Business Like Show Business
You can pre-order all these titles on Canadian Amazon for 17.99 CDN$ each.Release date is set for 31st July.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Ratko Mladic /t/307490/marilyn-monroe-on-blu-ray#post_3925456
Easy there, fella.20 Century Fox is putting out a MM box set this year.
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
How to Marry a Millionaire
River of No Return
The Seven Year Itch
There's No Business Like Show Business
You can pre-order all these titles on Canadian Amazon for 17.99 CDN$ each.Release date is set for 31st July.
Just placed my order at Amazon.ca for the box set containing all these titles...sweet!!!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
fustration, why, when the do this cant Fox just make the anouncement in BOTH the US and Canada, but estatic to hear this is on the way

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
Meanwhile Marilyn is the cover poster for the Cannes Film Fest 65th. Why can't FOX believe in their classics? I think because who's ever handling them has not heard of then or seen them or realize their potential . So sad!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Pakistan-to-Be-at-Cannes-Film-Festival-2012.jpg

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
kagemusha98 said:
With the 50th Anniversary of Marilyn's death?
While I would love for her films to be released on blu ray, I don't want to celebrate the anniversary of someone's suicide .

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It is odd isn't it how we celebrate anniversaries. Look at all the hullabaloo over the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic and how just about every movie and TV version of the event got a special Blu-ray release to celebrate it.
Garysb said:
While I would love for her films to be released on blu ray, I don't want to celebrate the anniversary of someone's suicide .

This is an important anniversary year in the life and death of Marilyn. It's been 50 years since her death. I think it is highly appropriate to remember her work this year, and to introduce it to a new generation.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by eric scott richard /t/307490/marilyn-monroe-on-blu-ray/30#post_3927638
This is an important anniversary year in the life and death of Marilyn. It's been 50 years since her death. I think it is highly appropriate to remember her work this year, and to introduce it to a new generation.
well put, the odd part is why the rest of the world pays better attention , hence, o henry's full house is listed for germany , no release date, but nice to see that up as well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by dana martin /t/307490/marilyn-monroe-on-blu-ray/30#post_3927673
well put, the odd part is why the rest of the world pays better attention , hence, o henry's full house is listed for germany , no release date, but nice to see that up as well.

I don't think O. Henry's Full House ever got a regular DVD release, did it? I'd sure love to have it on Blu-ray.

Danoldrati

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Oldrati
Hi
"O'Henry's full house" was released on DVD 11/21/2006, it's still available.
Dan

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Danoldrati /t/307490/marilyn-monroe-on-blu-ray/30#post_3927751
Hi
"O'Henry's full house" was released on DVD 11/21/2006, it's still available.
Dan
OMG! I had no idea. Thanks!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
From Bill Hunt,
Although there's been no sign of a studio announcement as yet, Amazon is reporting a July 31st release of a Fox Marilyn Monroe Blu-ray Collection that will include The Seven Year Itch (1955), Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), How to Marry a Millionaire (1953), There's No Business Like Show Business (1954), and River of No Return (1954). I will be there for this release!!!

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
I've been waiting for these titles on blu-ray for what seems like forever. The blu-ray box set is showing up on Amazon.ca, but not Amazon.com. I'm also curious as to whether it will be region free or Region A locked. Fox seems to have a mixed record on locking releases.
It's also a shame that Marilyn's lesser known films like Niagara aren't slated for release on BD as yet. I think her performance in that movie would really convince those who think of Marilyn as only playing the dumb harmless blonde to rethink their assessment. It's an underrated movie in my opinion.
Anyway the box set is certainly welcome news and contains two of my absolute favorites (The Seven Year Itch and How to Marry a Millionaire), so I'll be sitting tight for their imminent release!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks