1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

March Madness 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball (HTF Pick'em Challenge, too)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If anyone's up for March Madness picks and seeing how you do against other HTFers, check out the pool link below. You will need to create a Yahoo account (and be logged in) to access the link below. Once you do that, then use:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/146953

Group ID # 146953

Password = oar

Just for fun, I set the limit on brackets per person to 2, so if you can hedge your bets, so to speak.

Let me know if I've screwed up, or didn't turn on an option to allow others to create their own brackets in this group.

Please get your picks in by tip-off time on Thursday (I don't think that they allow us to pick the 4 play-in games from Wednesday night, but you may want to check by Wednesday noon-ish and see if there is an option to pick those play-in games).

2. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    My interest in this year's tourney is about as close to nil as is humanly possible, but that's mostly because my dear alma mater (Georgia Tech) had an utterly abysmal year...

That being said, I'm hopeful that I'll be the person this year who manages to make astonishingly prescient picks despite using absolutely no thought or reason whatsoever (there's one every year, right?).

I got the second part down, easy... it's the first part we'll have to wait and see.

Good luck all!

3. Carl Miller

Carl Miller Well-Known Member

I'm in!

Couldn't possibly be worse than my bracket from last year.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

My team GT also killed most of my enthusiasm for college basketball this season, but they did it early by losing to Kennesaw State. On the bright side, GT finally canned Paul Hewitt and his ridiculous 6-year roll-over contract.

It's a wide open tourney this year, but I think we'll see some big upsets in the first weekend of play.

5. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    I'm in. guaranteed to be the biggest loser!

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Just a couple of hours to go before your picks are locked in for the challenge!

7. Walter C

Walter C Well-Known Member

Walter
    Just submitted my picks, even though I know very little (if any) about college basketball. Just hoping Temple will go very far!

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The Southwest bracket was a bust, 5 seeding upsets.

The West had no seeding upsets.

The Southeast had 1 seeding upset.

The East had 1 seeding upset.

This is probably the worst I've done in the first round, but I only lost one sweet 16 pick (Louisville).