What's new

March Madness 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball (HTF Pick'em Challenge, too) (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Mine was a bust but I'm doing better over at ESPN.

Now, if anyone wants a coach please call Louisville and get him away from the team.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I had 15/16 of the sweet sixteen, only to finish with 1/4 of the final four. Ouch.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm bringing up the rear, but mainly because I played 5 different scenarios in various pools, and used my "best pool" in a money pool, but I'm going to end up in 2nd in that money pool. Doh!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Neither did I. I thought the final four was going to include Kansas or Duke, and maybe Arizona and Connecticut. I didn't foresee MSU making it there. I'm quite impressed by their run thus far.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Yes, Pitino -- don't you miss Hawaii? :D
You, too, Jamie Dixon.

The true test of a coach's skill would be to take a team like the University of Hawaii with its truckload of disadvantages and make them a contender. Try traveling 40,000 miles a season, persuading young athletes to go so far from home, being in a conference with no respect and little TV coverage, etc.
Come on somebody -- don't you want that CHALLENGE!?!?! We can pay you $250,000. :D

(If Riley Wallace was still our coach, I would never say this. While Bob Nash is a sentimental favorite as a former player, I don't feel it for him as our head coach.)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Pitino's heart and soul is still in Lexington and I was really, really hoping he would just admit it, call them and take the job (when it was open). The press conference before the Michigan State game Pitino did nothing but talk about Kentucky. The night before the game he was having dinner with two Kentucky boosters.

1. He should have been doing more work on Michigan St.
2. He needs to realize that Kentucky is a rival and Louisville fans don't want him talking about them, wishing them luck or trying to help them with a coach.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

I have lived in Louisville my whole life and I completely disagree with your statements. If Pinto wanted the job at Kentucky they would give it to him tomorrow. If he would have wanted it before he came to Louisville they would have fired Tubby and gave it to him then. Also the interviews that I saw he answered a couple of questions about the Kentucky job and then told the reporters that he was there to talk about Louisville.

I looked at the results and it appears we already have a winner.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Hey, MSU was the only one of the Final Four I got right. I even had them getting to tonight's title game. It did pain this Michigan fan to pick the Sparties, though. :laugh:

Seriously, I'm actually pulling for Michigan State. Izzo runs a class program in East Lansing.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
There is NO WAY the Spartans make the final four this year. ;)

I'm still shocked that they did, though. I am taping the game tonight. It will be fun to see Bird and Magic together again.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
What was up with CBS' coverage of the tournament this year? The camera work consistently had a strange smudgy, out of focus look whenever the camera moved.

When I noticed it early in the tournament, I assumed it was just at one site but it continued throughout including tonight's championship game. I've never noticed it on any other CBS sports programming.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Well, I made it in the top 3. I know it gets me nothing but my kids always get excited when I tell them I didn't come in last. --Sorry Bob

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, I put a little effort into it and I placed 15th. Although, I did go for some less logical choices since I knew there was no money riding on my choices.

Is anyone as disappointed in the "One Shining Moment" segment as I was. I thought it was one of the most boring sequence of highlights I had seen since its inception.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks