What's new

March Madness 2007 NCAAB Tourney (HTF Pick'em Challenge, too) (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
USC showed today why I have them going to the elite eight, couldn't be happier. Fight on! I still have the possibility of getting seven of the elite eight and all my final four, though Ohio gave me a scare yesterday. My south bracket is completely shot though, only if Ohio keeps winning will I get any more points from there. :)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

Kentucky fans certainly don't deserve him (and yep, this is coming from a Louisville fan :)).

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I had Texas winning today too but losing to NC. Oh well...

Southern Ill got me too...

No more double digit seeds left. The West region has the top 4 seeds duking it out next week.

Going to be interesting. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Considering the crappy coaches that Michigan's had over the past 20 years, I'd take Tubby in a heartbeat. He's been very successful everywhere he's been. He gets a lot of undeserved grief at Kentucky, where anything less than a national title is considered a failure.

My HTF bracket's hanging in there. I have 11 of the Sweet 16, and my Final Four and Elite 8 are still intact. It looks like the top 3 brackets all have different champions -- Florida, Georgetown and UNC -- so there should be some separation coming soon.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Ha ha. :)

I still am amongst the living (barely) as I have Kansas winning it all.. but I have them winning it over.. Texas :frowning: Two of my final four are gone (Texas - Maryland). *shrug*

Surprised at the strength of A&M yesterday, that hurt me as well. But Kansas made me feel good about that pick to win it all... to be honest, while they won convincingly, at about 4 minutes left, they started playing milk the clock vs. run the score, because that game could have been utterly humiliating based on how it was going.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Eventhough I do feel A&M is capable of winning it all...I have to agree that Kansas looks very, very tough right now.

As does Georgetown. Really there's alot of strong teams left that can take it home.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have 11 out of 16 still in, with the West intact. I'm not too confident of my Final Four. I have Memphis in there and they sure are looking shaky. I have UCLA also in my final four, but not sure they can beat Kansas. I would love to see SIU beat Kansas, but I don't think that is going to happen, but I will be cheering for the Salukis.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

Oh really? :) Kentucky has had several years in which they didn't win a national title, but Kentucky can at least take pride in players who played hard, had good regular seasons, and decent tournament runs. Tubby has had two out of a possible ten years like that. And one of those years were not his players.

Sorry, had to vent somewhere. This is all a relative thing here. I look at other programs and see high levels of success on a consistent basis. Bad years are considered aberrations at these programs. See Duke this year and that one year Coach K was sick/hurt with something. And the Daughtery years at UNC (btw, thanks to him we're in the lead for most wins, but probably not much longer :p ).

Whenever somebody defends Tubby, I bring up Roy Williams, Coach K, Jim Calhoun, Tom Izzo, RICK PITINO, Bill Self, Ben Howland, Rick Barnes, Billy Donovan, (see a trend here).

Of all the guys here, I think Tom Izzo has the most similar record. But I've watched Izzo teams, and those guys play hard as hell (I saw the Wisconsin game). Can't say the same for a Tubby team.

Again, sorry for rant, but back to topic. I think Florida wins it all.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Texas A&M could've made me a happy man as everyone ahead of me in my other bracket had Memphis winning it all...but alas, it was not to be.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Aggies just came up empty...couldn't make shots when it counted....I'm rather devasted...but Memphis played good.

Still a great year for A&M. Sour ending of what could have been though...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Seriously. Wow. Ohio State beats Tennessee. I stopped watching 5 minutes before the half ended and started watching again 10 minutes into the 2nd half. Damn.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I had a good night, last night. I went 4 for 4 in the games, although I was really rooting for SIU to win. That is where my son is going to college.

Even though I am a Big Ten fan, I have Memphis beating OSU. Not sure if OSU has enough energy for another comeback like yesterday. Although, if Oden can come up with a a big game, he might carry OSU to the final four.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I also went 4-4 last night. If UNC wins tonight, I'll have 3 of my final 4 remaining (I lost Wisconsin already). If NC, G'Town and Florida win tonight, I'll have 7 of 8 Elite 8 teams. I like where I am right now. I jumped up from 10th to 6th after last night's games in this group and in this game, I jumped from 700-something (out of 1070) to 342. :emoji_thumbsup: Nice night.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I didn't watch the Ohio State game (it was on too late), but it sounds like it was quite a game.

I lost my first Elite 8 team last night -- Pitt. However, I have Kansas winning that region anyway, so it's not a big loss. My Final Four is still intact.

I did lose Texas A&M out of my work bracket last night, though. I had the Aggies in the Final Four there. That one's not looking too good right now.

tannage

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Wells
thanks for the link to the yahoo tourney. i was wondering where that was as i've played previously.. but i couldn't find it this year. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks