What's new

March Madness 2003 (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I still cannot believe that the head of the NCAA bracket committee came out, and when asked by ESPN said that Texas received a #1 over Kansas because "They beat Oklahoma twice, and we cannot forget they defeated Kansas in a head to head.." (and how head to head was important...) one problem with that.. Texas -didn't- beat Kansas in a head to head, they LOST.. Kansas one the only head-to-head meeting..

The NCAA produced the worst brackets imaginable this year, with lots of screw ups.. (how could they figure that with BYU.. for pete sake, the man was a BYU alum!)

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I'm in. Although this doesn't have us project all the way, I have: Texas beating Kentucky in the championship. Kansas and Oklahmoa make the Final Four.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Marquette (3) beat Holy Cross (14) as expected. I didn't watch the game, so I don't know if it was as close as the numbers say: 72- 68. At least I got one bracket correct. :)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Gonzaga beats Cinncinati 74-69! Wahoo! I bet against Gonzaga the last 2 years and they cost me points, but not this year!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, the Wisconsin-Milwaukee loss REALLY bummed me out... so close!!! I feel so bad for them... and it screwed up that bracket for me too. :)

I'm still in the shared lead in our little competition here though. :)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
My alma mater, Southern Illinois, got screwed yesterday by the refs. :angry: How do you call a blocking foul with 4 seconds left in a tie game? It was a terrible call. If anything, it should have been a charge. The refs need to let the players decide the outcome of the game.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, the Wisconsin-Milwaukee loss REALLY bummed me out... so close!!! I feel so bad for them... and it screwed up that bracket for me too.
That dude had two opportunities at lay ups in the last 70 seconds of that game. One with 65 seconds left and the other at the end of the game. The look on his face when he blew the lay up made me think he was going to go home and shoot himself. The look on his teammates faces made me think they were going to do it for him.

Why didn't he try to dunk it? It would have at least drawn a foul and there is less margin of error in a dunk rather than a layup.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Evan, I think he was just nervous... I don't think he would have missed those two layups had it not been at this stage of the game.

Christopher, Indiana University / Purdue University, Indianapolis :)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

Yep, me too.

I stink!

Thankfully my Huskies saved the brackets by beating BYU. Now let's see if they can bust some brackets by beating Stanford tomorrow!

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Well there won't be anyone ACC in the Final Four, maybe not even the Elite Eight?

I make statements like this hoping to be eating crow later... win,win.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Can someone please explain the BYU controversy?

I know they lost so all is moot now, but what was the big hoo-ha?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I'm 26-6 after the first round. I have 15 out of 16 sweet sixteen teams intact, and 8 out of 8 for the elite eight intact.

Saturday and Sunday should be some great games.

Oh and special thanks to Maryland for giving me a heart attack. Glad they didn't loose.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Can someone please explain the BYU controversy?
This is the Cliff notes version. BYU was mistakenly put in the South regional by the NCAA selection committee. BYU as a school does not schedule any athletic events on Sundays due to religious reasons. However, the South regional has a Friday/Sunday game schedule for the Regional finals. So, if BYU had gotten to the 4th round, they wouldn't have been able to play the game because it would have been scheduled for a Sunday. Instead of just moving BYU to another bracket initially (which would have made perfect sense), the committee stated that if BYU won their first two games, they would be switched to the midwest bracket and one of four teams from that bracket (whomever advanced) would get shifted to the South, effectively blowing everyone's brackets out of the water and creating a mess.

Thankfully my UConn Huskies took care of all the controversy;)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
My brackets are screwed today after Illinois and Stanford lost their games... dropped in the rankings on the site John had set up too. :frowning:

Wisc and Ariz are my hopes right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks