What's new

Mandatory Employee Party... (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Just as I suspected! Mayhem and chaos abound! Why, oh, why didn't you take our advice, Van, why? Oh, the humanity! Mark my words: the destructive global impacts of your irresponsible behavior will be felt for decades to come!

Um, or not.

(To Dave' eternal credit, I just realized that I'm not a very literal contributor here. ;))

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
of course he's not going to get fired right away;) the influence of the company is more insidious than that...but if it was that important to them, 'they' will definitely make their displeasure known.

I have a fresh out of college computer engineer that I hired at my work place recently...he strikes me as a bit too 'innocent' and 'naive' of the corporate world...unfortunately, he had the misfortune to have me as his first 'mentor' since I'm senior to him. My cynicism is starting to rub off on him, and he just looks sad much of the time now;)

Ahhh yes, I wonder if a professor can dream of warping (breaking?) young minds this way.

As someone who worked as a student system administrator for my university for about three years, i can personally vouch for the politics and backbiting that can occur....made me sick to watch some of it;) A prof would have do two out of three tasks well to get tenure (at least in engineering): they could bring money into the university via NSF grants and what not, they could chair committees and groups, or they could be rated highly as a teacher by their students...let's just say I met very few profs who had teaching as a high priority (or any priority) on their list.

Viva la rat race!

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks