What's new

"Mama's Family" ratings on i Network boad well for DVD releases! (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Regardless of their past, the cost or other factors, the fact still remains that Warner's name is on this set. Therefore, they are responsible for it. There is no excuse. All of this discussion and complaining could have been avoided had they been forthcoming with information. Why did this happen? What will happen on S2? Will there be new discs? But no one was. It's a bad PR move, especially considering how good WB usually is about these types of things.

We've raked them over the coals here. I've done something similar elsewhere. We can write letters and mention it in the next WB TV chat. Anyone wanna go burn down the studio? I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I've been talking to Warner Bros about this release, and they're looking into how the set came out with syndicated episodes on it. I'll report back when I hear from them.

Gord

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I will be patient enough to wait to hear what WB has to say about this, but it won't amount to anything. Has ANY tv dvd set EVER been recalled because of quality control issues? Nope, not that I'm aware of. Nor have any simply been reissued. The fact is, Warners screwed up, there's nothing anyone can do about it, and I'm horribly disappointed because Mama's was always one of my favorites.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

No, I don't think any have been recalled. Rhino was going to fix the syndicated episodes for a series (I can't recall offhand which it was), but the person who was pushing for that left the company.

I really doubt Warner will recall the set and release the unedited episodes, but I shouldn't speak for the company (since I don't work for them). This is the first time Warner Bros has released a season of edited episodes like this (at least the first I can recall), and I'd guess it has something to do with mislabeling or miscommunication someone along the line. It doesn't excuse that this happened though, and it doesn't make things right, but it's an uncommon thing for a Warner release.

Gord

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
I think the set that Rhino once talked about fixing was "Too Close For Comfort" season 1.
As far as "Mama's Family" goes, a disc replacement program for those who are interested would be ideal. It's not really that crazy. It's only 2 discs, and only the people who know about the edits or care will ask for replacements. Kinda like Tom and Jerry.
Here's hoping.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Gord,

I must commend you for this one.

As far as I can recall, the only confirmed edit on a TV DVD from Warner is one episode of The Flintstones, and since the Hanna-Barbera library has gone from Screen Gems/Columbia to Taft to Worldvision to Turner to WB, I can see how that would have happened.

Whatever Warner discovers, the Library of Congress has 3/4" tapes for season 1 episodes that are presumably uncut (copyright deposit).

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Gord,

Based on your personal opinion, any chance they will rectify this situation with replacement discs?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If the past is any indication, they won't. They didn't release a non-cropped season 1 of Kung Fu.

But it doesn't hurt to ask them.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Good luck with that Gord, hopefully something good comes out of it.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Warners also issued two episodes of "The Adventures of Superman" that were not complete. I cut them some slack on that since (1) this is a 50 year old show whose masters changed hands multiple times over the years and (2) they did a wonderful job with restoring what they did have.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I don't know if this means anything at all, but one of my local BB's had exactly ONE copy left on the shelf. There were two spaces for discs on the new release wall with only a price tag. And the one copy was hidden in the TV section.

Is it really selling that well or did this store just get three copies in? :)

MONSTOYS

Grip
Real Name
ROB
I just picked this up at TARGET, DISAPPOINTING FOR SURE> I wasn't away of the edits. Anyway, Spoke to Warner this morning, call and voice your opinions with the head of Warner dvd release . Beverly Bogart 1 818 977 6428.
the more do the better. Spread the number around. yrs, Rob

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Okay, I've broken. I've tried not to be too anal, and to be flexible. But, I can't take it anymore!!! I can't I tell you!! I can't. I've failed. I admit it!! I'm too anal!!! But could someone please correct the spelling of bode in the title of this thread??!! I'm losing it. I've probably gone over the edge, but I just can't help it... I can't... tried.... but failed... [JohnMor crawls away muttering to himself]

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's bugged me, too. Not sure why it always takes a direct request to the mods to get these things fixed. You'd think they'd fix them as they see them (at least in titles...not the text of every post, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks