What's new

Malcolm in the Middle: Season 2+ (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It's been about 7 months since season 1 of Malcolm in the Middle was released to DVD, but we haven't heard anything about later seasons yet. Anyone know what the deal is? Also, are later seasons supposed to be 16x9, or are they intended for 4x3 like season 1?

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I can't wait for this set either. Hopefully the picture quality is better since S1 sucked video wise.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They're probably doing it on the same schedule as the Simpsons, roughly 1 per year.

As to 16x9, I'd say you won't see it wide until they broadcast wide, because otherwise they just don't give a damn in the composition phase.

Atleast that's how I interpreted it from Brian Cranston's Fuck Hi-Def speech on the Malcolm-Vision featurette on S1.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I believe the FHD speech was mostly a season 1 thing, I'm pretty sure by 3 it'll be wide.

I know that season 2 will definately be out by the end of the year, but given that they're just wrapping season 4, and that the show is still in production that they want to slow the release a bit so they don't hit a gap.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Three more months have gone by since this thread was started and still no word. Has Fox already announced everything that it's releasing for TV on DVD for the rest of the year? It would be a shame (not to mention ridiculous) to have to wait until 2004 for this.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nope, and their slate is pretty crowded for December, Titles for that month should be getting art and official specs in the next few weeks

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know what the deal is here? I could understand if they were only doing one a year, but as season one came out October 2002, this is even longer than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks