What's new

Major WWE release news for November (1 Viewer)

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah the setting was good aswell. It was the brett/hogan ending that did it for me. Got to agree on VIII, good show.

How about favourite rumbles? 92,94, and 95 were top shows.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
9 was always my favorite. 2 Doinks beating up on Crush, Giant Gonzales and his hairy man-suit, JR in a toga, Bret/Yoko/Hulk. :)

Then, 10 was my favorite for a long time because Bret Hart completely deserved his shot and how Owen "broke character" and hugged him. Also the Macho Man vs. Crush match throughout the show.

3 will always be in the top just because of the Hulk/Andre feud.

Ryan

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Some news on Bret's DVD courtesy LordsOfPain probably the best of which is the name change.Check the link for some other cool tidbits. This set is gonna kick ass.
On the Warrior front, some early details and the artwork are now available. For some reason I don't think his Wrestlemania XII match against Hunter Hearst Helmsley will be appearing on the set.:D

Joe:C

Second Unit
I really wish they weren't going in this direction with the Warrior dvd. :frowning:

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler ever, and I am so happy they changed the title of his DVD. While he was screwed over, I do not want people's emphasis on Bret to be one day in 1997, but over his entire career. This new DVD can bring new light to the persona. That being said, I hate the title for the Warrior DVD. It's so negative, but that is WWE.

Ryan

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I own the Wrestlemania DVD box set The Legacy which I won via a draw at a PPV.
It has all the original songs no cuts. No extras in my dvd set but I hear that it may have tons of behind the scenes and stuff.
About that Ventura thing well my set still has him in the set announcing.

My Favorite was Wrestlemania 1. LOL still today I think the quickest ppv match was the Bundy vs SD Jones.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I hope the Hart DVD contains his Summerslam 1991 IC title match with Mr. Perfect. Hennig was my favorite wrestler, and that match was one for the ages.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
I own the Wrestlemania DVD box set The Legacy which I won via a draw at a PPV.
It has all the original songs no cuts. No extras in my dvd set but I hear that it may have tons of behind the scenes and stuff.
About that Ventura thing well my set still has him in the set announcing.

idiot question, is the pipers pit segment on 5 there? since on teh wwf wrestlemania legacy vhs set, that segmetn for whatever reason was cut./

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It has been almost 20 days... I am hoping that some specs will come out soon or at least see a general listing on Amazon.com - Any news?

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
In an

To answer my own question, my personal favorite wrestling site, www.wrestlezone.com has announced:

As reported, the WWE WrestleMania Anthology box set will be released on November 1st and feature all of the WrestleMania shows. The box set will include four collectible cards featuring WrestleMania moments and a historical DVD photo gallery. The set will retail at $279.95.

Let's hope that it may be a tad cheaper when it hits stores. :)

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
To quote Moe Syzlak... "Whaaa?"

Thanks Scott! I can go to bed a lot happier and with a over a hundred more $ in my pocket!

Are there going to be a lot of people purchasing this?

Ryan

*crosses fingers for DDD to have their 20% off sale*

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm a little worried about music issues. Namely because on the new Undertaker 3 disc set (which is worth $22 for Brock/UT Hell in a Cell and the Bret vs UT match from the UK in the extras alone), they have generic music in the place of Limp Bizkit during his entrance at Wrestlemania 17.

Glad DDD is selling this so cheap...there was just no way I was going to be able to justify spending $200+ on a box set of DVDs, even with the wealth of content.

Jim Ross mentioned in his column on wwe.com Friday that he has just completed a lengthy interview with Jake "The Snake" Roberts for Jake's upcoming set, which according to DDD is called "Pick Your Posion". Ross said there were no boundaries on what they discussed, and that it was pretty wild stuff. The promos and angles from that set should be worth the cash all by themselves.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I'll be one of them. I own the VHS Legacy set (1 through 15). I also purchased 16 through 19 on VHS separately. 20 and 21 I own on DVD. I'll gladly replace these with DVD versions, as long as we are given the COMPLETE shows. The thing I like about my VHS versions (and I've stated this before) is that they left no stone unturned. Most of them have merchandising ads. Wrestlemania 5 even has a "No Holds Barred" commercial, introduced by Gene Okerlund. It's things like this I want to see remain intact on the DVD set. Extras would also be nice. Perhaps in the form of press conferencese, PPV promos, and perhaps bonus matches leading up to each Wrestlemania. It's probably just wishful thinking though, but it'd be nice.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I will not be buying this set. If WWE can find an alternative to having to censor all WWF references I'll buy it, but if I am expected to pay $279.95 I expect uncut and unedited shows which includes:
1. No censoring on WM 1-18 when someone says WWF or it appears on screen.
2. Not having to watch WM 14-18 and having to look at 20 gray blobs censoring the scratch logo on the ring, set, and camera crew shirts.
3. All theme music intact.

But since Vince had to be an idiot and not obey his agreement with The World Wildlife Fund he will not be getting my money for this set. I will stick with my originals until they can do this set the right way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks