1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Major Problems With Battlefield 1942

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Sturge, Nov 16, 2002.

1. John Sturge

John Sturge Well-Known Member

Has anyone had these problems with Battlefield 1942?
    -Inability to see the in-game and menu text
    -Inability to start a mulitplayer game(it loads then it errors out).

It was okay before, now it just won't do anything... Some help would be appreciated.

2. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Well-Known Member

Hmm, can't say I've had either of those problems. Are you running version 1.1 of BF1942? There was a patch for the retail release, although I don't know what it fixed.

In-game and menu text problems may be attributed to your video card drivers, but I can't really be sure.

Have you done anything to your PC recently that you think may have caused these problems?

3. MikeH1

MikeH1 Well-Known Member

John, I have done lots of reading at various forums about this game and there can be a lot of problems. Heres some links to help:
    http://www.forummatch.com/forum/foru...hp?forumid=272
    http://forums.bfnation.net/index.php
    Chris, your still playing this game lots? Are you still using the name Ruffneck? Let me know your handle and I'll try finding you on ASE. This goes for you too John once you get it going again. I need some HTF buddies to machine gun down [​IMG]

4. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Well-Known Member

Michael,

I'm not playing it as much as I used to, but I still play a couple of times a week. I'm still using my nick "RuFfNeCk", so keep an eye out for me.

There's an expansion pack set to be released for BF1942 in the near future, chronicling the Italian and Sicilian campaigns. There is also a 1.2 patch coming for it in the coming weeks.

5. MikeH1

MikeH1 Well-Known Member

yeah I have read about these additions. I will keep a watch for you but I won't be around for the next 4 or 5 days.