1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magnum P.I. Season 7: It's Official

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Talmadge, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Screenwriter

Just picked up my copy of Magnum PI Season 6 and there's a coupon for $3 off the purchase of Magnum PI Season Season 6 and it has a coupon good off the purchase for Season 7. The coupon expires on 1/1/2008. So, this means that Season 7 will be coming out during the latter part of this year, between June and December. This is great news, ain't it?

2. JeffO

JeffO Stunt Coordinator

Mark, I share your joy. I'm going after to pick season six after work (don't forget your coupon from the season five set!) and I'm going to watch a couple of episodes tonight.

With the coupon set to expire on January 1, 2008, I can't imagine season seven coming out any later than October 1. If we are lucky, it will be out around Labor Day. My big hope is that they don't go cheap and nix purchasing the music rights. I remember the Sinatra episode mixing in some pop songs well.

3. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Screenwriter

Don't need the coupon since Best Buy has it for $34.95 ... ehehe ... and I've already got my copy ...

4. Firebee

Firebee Supporting Actor

Yeah, I was happy to see that bit of reassurance when I opened the Magnum Season 6 set that Season 7 should come later this year. Only one more season after that, and yet another '80s series collected and complete! Also, so much happier with the packaging by Uni...I know some people don't really care for the overlapping discs, but it's much better than the darned double-sided quality defect nightmares from earlier Magnum sets, the A-Team and others! [​IMG]

5. JeffO

JeffO Stunt Coordinator

I reviewed the running times of all the season 6 episodes, and they ranged from 47:20 or so to 48:10, which is good news, as there are no cut episodes. I suspect a few of the episodes might have abbreviated closing credits, but that is just a guess. They might have just tried to sneak in a another commercial or a sneak peek at the next episode.

I don't have a high end TV system, but after viewing the first couple episodes, the color and sound were pretty good. The second half of the season opening 96 minute movie is quite powerful, especially the last 5 minutes.

6. Firebee

Firebee Supporting Actor

Good to hear...I've not watched a Magnum episode since watching the first two shows from Season 1! I gotta get caught up...

7. JeffO

JeffO Stunt Coordinator

Great news - Magnum PI Season 7 has officially been announced for October 30, 2007 on the Universal DVD site!

Hopefully they cough up the money for the two Genesis songs. I don't remember any music from watching the original in the 80s except for the great use of two Season 7 Genesis songs.

8. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Finally.
    I can't wait for this [​IMG] Hopefully we'll get the Murder She Wrote ep that Magnum appears in as a bonus [​IMG]

9. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Looking forward to this. Hopefully they can finish the series this year!
    But seriously..where's Simon & Simon???

10. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I stopped buying at season 3, until I get around to replacing a bad disc. Has the show continued to be completely intact musically? No dreaded "some music may have been changed" box on any of the seasons?

11. JeffO

JeffO Stunt Coordinator

Greg, the episodes are uncut with original music so far. In the last two sets at least, they have gone to single sided dvds instead of the double sides ones of earlier seasons. This seems to have reduced the number of bad discs.

12. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Thanks. I was alright with the first two seasons, but I'm glad to hear about the single-sides for the recent ones. I'm about ready to get back into Magnum, so I need to get on the ball and get caught up!

13. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Excellent news on Season 7.. I hope we have some simon & simon news in the next few days otherwise i think we might not get anymore.

14. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    Magnum P.I. Season 7 is one of the series' very best. In addition to a darker turn compared to many of the more lighter episodes of the early seasons, this season also featured an impressive array of guest stars including Frank Sinatra, as well as one helluva season finale. This was the season that first got me hooked on the show on CBS, and I've spent the last few years catching up with the first 6 seasons and enjoying most every minute of it.

Can't wait for Season 8 to get here to wrap up this classic show.

15. JeffO

JeffO Stunt Coordinator

Jeff H, I completely agree with you. Season 7 was Magnum's best season. There are at least five episodes that have to be considered in Magnum's top 20 overall episodes, including the comedic episode where Magnum and Higgins have their war and destroy each other's favorite possessions, the episode where Magnum faces his obsessed stalker, the Sinatra episode, his potential death episode, and another one with his wife Michelle.

16. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

Since this is the season with the crossover with Murder She Wrote, I wonder if they will include the Murder She Wrote episode or the syndicated version which wrapped the story up without the crossover.

17. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    Hopefully both. [​IMG] I contacted Gord about it when Season 6 was released and he forwarded it to his Universal contacts. So Here's hoping.

18. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Screenwriter

I wished season 7 would have been it, because I still vividly remember that final episode and it was SO perfect, the way they ended it before the jump in ratings that caused the next season. Magnum walking off into the clouds seemed so fitting.

19. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

Season 8 was notable for (if nothing else) the ep entitled "Legend of the Lost Art"...

After watching it, I thought was a good Indiana Jones Selleck would have made.

20. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Screenwriter

They'll include the MSW episode on this set, and my contact is pretty sure their "ops people" got the right episodes, but he's going to double-check.

Gord