What's new

Magnum P.I. Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
The music that I would miss the most IF it happens will be the use of Genesis. Some of my favorite episodes use The Brazilian and Tonight, Tonight, Tonight. Of course there are others, but being a huge Genesis fan, I felt and extra connection with those episodes.

James Reader

Screenwriter

Wrong. If they have the Beatles performing, Apple Corps refuses outright to grant any licences for home video. No matter what money is offered. Don't assume money will solve all the licencing issues, just 99.9% of them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Changing it from what? You mean compared to season one? Or did somebody tell you a different disc count for M,PI - S2?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Your not losing your mind the S1 set was 4 discs, But the 4th disc was just the bonus disc of episodes. S1 was spread out over 3 discs. :)

Laura Nicholson

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you, Aryn. I guess I have way too many tv shows on dvd to keep track and not get confused. I don't have any more questions now. :b

Well, I stand corrected!

Still, the statement I was responding to said that Universal simply didn't WANT to secure the rights to the music. As you have informed us, Apple is the obvious exception. However, my point still stands if money will solve "99.9%" of the issues.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Interesting quote from Selleck on the success of the Magnum P.I. DVD sets. From an a Tribune Media syndicated interview by Jay Bobbin:

Perhaps Selleck and the stars are not taking part in these DVDs because they have little to no incentive to do so.

Regarding the "Best of" set that Selleck suggests, perhaps he does not know that such a set was released in other regions several years back. I wonder how that set did sales wise.

Interesting that Selleck should mention the music of the series--what will happen to the music used in later seasons when the show relied less on 'canned' music?

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Interesting quote from Selleck. Doesn't sound like they've motivated him enough to do any commentaries. The girlfriend will definitely be picking up s2 and I'll be picking up s2 of The A-Team on the same day.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I don't know, but it's very worrisome. If everything Universal did could be like Miami Vice and not QL:S2. . . .

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Jon, I'm working my way through the set. I can tell you one thing though; they used slim cases for the set.

Gord

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
http://www.magnum-pi.de/music.php

Here's a list of all the original songs on the show - but apart from a few exceptions they don't list what season they are in.

But it shouldn't be difficult - I've been told that the Muzak in Quantum Leap is very obvious and sticks out like a sore thumb.

So if there are songs that you've heard before then they've probably kept the original music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks