What's new

Maelstrom Amp Configuration (1 Viewer)

Wayne_D

Agent
Hey all, sorry to post a questions that is so much like my last post...but i am haveing a difficult time deciding on my diy sub project...

My question is..what would be a better configuration?

two Maelstrom drivers sharing 1180watts, or four Maelstrom drivers sharing 1440watts..

this is for a 90/10 hometheater/music system....any sized box/boxes configeration? would prefer sono tube..

i am looking for Huge output, for movies, movies, movies!!!

Please help, and i thank everyone for taking time to help me with this project! :)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Oh, definitely 4 Maelstroms sharing 1440 watts. I have a single Mael on 350 watts and it is plenty because the driver sensitivity is way up there.

I went with 10 cu ft tuned to 21Hz but that is on the large end so you could go with a smaller size if room is a concern (which I imagine it might be if you go with 4 :)

I guarantee you that 4 Maelstroms with 1440 watts will give you the Huge output, for movies, movies, movies!!! you are after! :D

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
Search for one of my posts within the last few months that showed several maelstrom designs. But no matter whatever enclosure you go with, 1180 for 2 drivers is way too much power. 4 drivers on 1440 will be louder and utilize the power in a safer way too.

Wayne_D

Agent
Kyle Richardson thanks alot..is your sub the one that you have taken a picture of your two childeren in the unfinished box?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks