What's new

Made the leap, went with Sirius (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I spent about a week and a half evaluating each one, and took some time to listen and play and try to get a feel for it. In the end, Sirius just had the better deal for me. The total cost of the antenna, tuner & Install was less then 1/2 the cost of XM.

However, Cost wasn't really the motivating factor; in the end, some of the stations.. particularly the talk oriented ones, appealed to me and made it a keeper; Sirius's childrens programming and Broadway musical selections, which go over big with my toddlers, were also a hit.

The installation into the Ford Windstar went in so well it's mindblowing.

So far, I am completely sold. I wish they had slightly better sports packages, but neither unit really offered much in the way of live programming to my interest.. however, being able to listen to the Red Sox-A's game live through the bowels of Kansas where nothing else reaches in crystal clear audio made my day ;)

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Chris, welcome to the fold.
As far as sports go, you have usual ESPN, Byline, and Speedvision dedicated programming as you know.

Sirius also has exclusive deals to carry all NBA games, NHL games, and MLB Baseball playoff/series games. Here's hoping something comes through on the NFL side.

I personally would like to see more world sports programming. (mainly soccer in my case) but being America, I doubt that is in the near pipeline.

Enjoy!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, football, college & pro would be on my list, it just doesn't seem likely to happen :) If just for the sunday night & monday night games ;)

So far, I love it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks