1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Made In Canada on DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chad E, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Chad E

Chad E Stunt Coordinator

I was browsing the DVDs in Wal-Mart and came across a Made In Canada disc. It contains all 6 first-season episodes, and costs C$18.98.

The disc seems to be put out by "Koch Vision"... which I have never heard of. Has anyone seen the disc? If so, can you comment on the quality? (Is 6 half-hour episodes pushing things? Futurama only had either 4 or 5 episodes per disc...)

I like this show, and if the quality is good, I'd like to pick it up. Here's hoping the subsequent 13-episode seasons will still be sold as complete season sets!

2. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

Hey I love this show. I was hoping to see it on DVD. I don't think 6 episodes would be pushing the limit, remember, after eliminating the commercials the show is only about 23 mins long give or take. So the total running time will be under 140 min.[​IMG]

3. Chad E

Chad E Stunt Coordinator

4. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

I think the reason Futurama only had 4-5 episodes per disc is because of the audio commentary for each episode

5. Joe Isham

Joe Isham Stunt Coordinator

Imagine trying to find it in the States (you can't). I ordered mine from amazon.ca and had it within a week.

Here's hoping they release the other seasons. As it is I have friends in Canada taping the CBC for me.

As far as quality, the episodes themselves are fine. The menu is very bare-bones (just episode selection). No play all option.

6. BarrieT

BarrieT Auditioning

I saw it at Musicworld last fall way before it came to Walmart. Those 6 episodes comprise the first season? That would be the main selling point for me.

7. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Does this help you guys at all? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Joe Isham

Joe Isham Stunt Coordinator

Seasons 2 and 3 at 13 episodes each, season 4 is 16 episodes, and season 5 is 17.

I'm also hoping for a DVD release of An American in Canada. That was seriously funny.

9. BrentPollard

BrentPollard Second Unit

Do any of my Canuck bros. remember Twitch City?
    Another superb Canadian black comedy that deserves DVD.[​IMG] I'm not usually into collecting TV on DVD but these two I would, along with Futurama because of it's limited run.

10. KerryK

KerryK Stunt Coordinator

I agree about Twitch City. I heard a rumor that something could happen with that.