What's new

Madden 360 doesnt look that good to me (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looks like poor video recording to me. wait 'till something
hi res comes along to come along.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I concur; quite a bit of detail is usually lost when recording in a lower reolution AVI format. IMO, from what I've seen, the player animations are considerably smoother and more realistic than what's being shown in the current gen systems, but I found the environments (stadium, landscaping, etc.) lacking in textures and bump mapping. Then again, I don't care for EA's football offering, so it doesn't affect me either way.

Juan.F

Grip
I agree with posten, I'm pretty disappointed with what has been shown thus far. But then again, we don't know how early this footage is. I'm hoping it is REALLY early. Lets just say, when I think of Next Gen graphics, they are far better than that!

I personally hope that the game resembles the footage they've shown of Shaun Alexander jumping over the defender into the endzone. I think that's the best it has looked so far. I hated the commercial they showed during the draft.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well they've got about 3 weeks before they absolutely have to go gold (and there's no telling how old the build is that they got those movies from), so they really need to get their a$$es in gear. Luckily I have a friend who works for Activision, and I've seen some drastic changes in gameplay and graphical smoothness [what I think is the biggest problem in those linked movies] happen in a very short amount of time, so it's not an insurmountable hill for EA.

What I don't hold out much hope for is the ability to import recruiting classes from NCAA 2006 for XBox 1. It would be awesome if EA made that happen...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Are we 100% positive that the mem cards are incompatible from XBox 1 to 360?

Even if this were the case, I would still probably play NCAA Football 2006 (assuming it is backwards compatible) on XBox 360 and it would be nice for classes to be able to be brought in to Madden 2006 for the 360 (as they are in Madden 2006 for XB1).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

Yep, as noted it's a different connector and Microsoft themselves have said there will be no way to transfer save games between the systems (at least official way as Brian noted above. I'm sure some enterprising gamers will "find a way" so to speak.) Amusingly enough Xbox titles can save to the 360 HDD. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks