What's new

Mad Monster Party 2pm eastern 10/27 Fox Family (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Just a well-in-advance heads up on the Rankin/Bass Halloween episode. In case you aren't familiar with it, the show is done in the same style as all the other Rankin/Bass holiday specials (Rudolph/Year without a Santa Claus/Santa Claus is Coming to Town/etc.) but with all the famous Halloween monsters. It hasn't been on video for quite some time, and I'm sure it won't be on DVD for even longer. Anyway, go watch it. It'll be cool, and this is the only time this year it'll be aired!
mike.
------------------
Do It Right or Don't Do It at All®

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Link Removed is the official site. some good news pops up by itself but there is bad news about what would have been a dvd release.
------------------

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
also here is the link i started in software concerning this movie. but not too many posts so i guess not many people are thinking about this movie.
------------------

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"Dave Witting (of Deluxo Video/DVD) said it wasn't worth the legal hassles to put it out. Recently they've been trying to acquire a restored 35mm print from Sony Pictures with little luck. Oh well, one day I'm sure they'll issue it!
Update: October 3, 2001
As of yet there is no new information on the DVD. Please disregard all rumors that Anchor Bay is in production for a 2003 release. As well please stay clear of so called import DVD's of MMP, these are all illegal bootlegs and should be reported as such."
that quote is from the above link on the official website under the DVD section.
------------------

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
don't ask me i only quoted from Link Removed . check there then ask anchor bay or rankin/bass productions from that web site.
also i couldn't find anything on anchor bays web site ------------------
]
[Edited last by TonyD on October 10, 2001 at 11:54 PM]

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
Anchor Bay definitely is not listing it on their web-site as a future release. I wonder why an Anchor Bay exec listed it at Studio Day. Perhaps they're hoping for a deal.
Todd

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i hope someone puts it out soon. i'd love to own a spec ed of this movie.
------------------

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if it's coming on AMC, they show it uninterrupted by commercials and if it is a Saturday, then it's possible that it will be in letterbox.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Does anyone know if it's coming on AMC, they show it uninterrupted by commercials and if it is a Saturday, then it's possible that it will be in letterbox.
According to the link above and the AMC web site, it will be on AMC at 4:00 PM on Thursday October 25. There is no indication of aspect ratio, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for letterboxing. Based on their schedule for the day, it looks like they will be running it commercial free as they normally do, though.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA
[Edited last by Ken_McAlinden on October 12, 2001 at 09:15 AM]

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, I'll get S-VHS vcr ready and get this one on tape until the DVD release. I love this movie.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
A polite bump to remind fans of MMP with AMC to set their TiVOs/VCRs/whatever for 4:00 PM tomorrow.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks