What's new

Mad Men Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

Some heartbreaking stuff from Don tonight.

I had to re-watch Joan and vase a couple of time. You go, girl!

Hope Joan's hubby gets what's coming to him in the army. Doh!

Roger actually has a heart. "You weren't." Talk about a dagger into the heart with those 2 words.

Suzanne looked amazing in bed tonight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's a good thing that vase was easily shattered, otherwise, he'd really be in a world of hurt from getting hitting by it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm waiting for that dog food company to become... what? Alpo? Purina?

And, just so it can be said the whole "I'm just an OK surgeon, I'm not a great surgeon.. I know, I'll join the army and be a surgeon!"

Wow. Recipe for disaster.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ever since Roger's daughter's wedding date was revealed early in the season, I was wondering how that day would pan out for these characters.

Lane has pushed Peter to his limit, perhaps.

Peggy and Duck...rolling eyes material for me.

Don's having some rough weeks, his home life crumbling around him.

We finally see a smile from Betty, maybe she really is ready to kick Don to the curb and move on.

Roger finds himself a man who can't really connect to his young wife, looks backwards towards Joan.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Ever since Roger's daughter's wedding date was revealed early in the season, I was wondering how that day would pan out for these characters.
I like how they handled it by not giving the date (and I was wondering what the time frame was since everyone was complaining about how cold they were) and then just springing it on the audience by Duck seeing part of a newscast.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
There were so many moments of this episode I loved. I loved how the day after it happened, people were recounting to others "I was at home when my friend called..." everyone was already thinking of part of their life by remembering where they were when it happened. Interesting twist.

I liked Peggy being flabbergasted; where would she remember she was? Would she view it as a regret? It seemed that way, with her diligently back in the office, thinking of Aquanet.
Don's crushing reveal.. Betsy realizing the world around her has changed and that she wants to change her world, and wants to leave Don. (would she/could she reveal his secret? Probably not without destroying her children, and she knows that). Betsy's moment where the world went sideways as Lee Harvey was gunned down by Jack Ruby..

Roger trying hard to get through his wedding, referring to his daughter as being "brave" and giving them strength in time of trouble, to later remark how much of a disaster it was, and his new young wife getting plastered.. for the second time (she got plastered at that event where he put on blackface) and him having to carry her home, only to make the call to a woman he can't seem to shake.

Great, great stuff.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought during the previous episode that as Don's world seemed to be crumbling around him, the rest of the world was about to be shattered as well.

Be interesting to see what they do with 1964 and the arrival of the Beatles.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Sam Favate

I thought during the previous episode that as Don's world seemed to be crumbling around him, the rest of the world was about to be shattered as well.

Be interesting to see what they do with 1964 and the arrival of the Beatles.
There will be mentions of the Beatles undoubtedly, but because Apple Corps doesn't allow their recordings in movies, TV shows, or non-Beatles compilations, we definitely won't hear them.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The Monkees didn't start up til '66, so there is a few years there. I see Don and Sterling Cooper being very dismissive of the Beatles, the Stones, etc. It's likely something they'll give to the kids (the Russian guy and his beatnik friend - I forget their names).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Didn't Dick Clark and those spend years though trying to audition a group to make up either the Monkeys or the Dave Clark 5? Something like that.. ah, my musical history fails me. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
There will be mentions of the Beatles undoubtedly, but because Apple Corps doesn't allow their recordings in movies, TV shows, or non-Beatles compilations, we definitely won't hear them.
Apple Corps controls the actual recordings, but not the publishing rights, which means we could hear a cover-band doing essentially identical versions of some of the songs. "It's not the Beatles, but an incredible simulation!" Beatlemania, anyone?

Regards,

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since they usually skip periods of time between seasons, I think the whole February 1964 British invasion won't even be shown on the series. Though I guess The Beatles were still popular after their appearance on Ed Sullivan.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Incredible season finale.

Everything I wanted. Just nailed all the points, got Don & Roger back together, Don finds comfort in starting and doing something on his own, and they become mavericks. I LOVED it. Now we get to see how many others follow suit. And it's great seeing them chose Pete over Cosgrove.. pete got his reward after all, as he & Trudy show again why they may have the best relationship out of the bunch. Great stuff.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The disintegration of the American home life (the Draper divorce), paired with Don finding out who comprised his real business family made for a grand hour of TV.

Don and Peggy's scenes were right on the nose. Great line with "I'll spend the rest of my life trying to hire you." ranks up with "You had me at "Hello"". Heh.

Don knows what it was like to lose a father at a young age, and the impact of a divorce would produce similar feelings for his own children. Heartbreaking stuff.

Glad they found a way to bring Joan back.

Trudy cracked me up when she was eavesdropping and asked Pete to come talk to her during the pitch. Good way to break the tension.

"Peggy, can you get me some coffee?" "No." LOL!

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Isn't McCann-Erickson, Duck's firm? If so he's going to be sick that Don pulled this off. You know he wants to get back at Don.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks