What's new

Mad Men Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thanks Travis!

Now that I've looked her up, it was 4 episodes of "Bones" that I remember her from.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by TravisR

Carla Gallo. You probably know her from Carnivale (she played Libby the 'dancer'). She was also on Undeclared and has had small parts in most Judd Apatow movies.

Fans of Californication will remember her as Daisy, Charlie's client (among other things) in season 2.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thought that was an excellently done segment when Harry Crane's (Rich Sommer) wife wanted to know "what was wrong" and he made several excuses and and then basically just came out to her, unconsciously I'd say.
The look on her face as "it all became clear as a tinkerbell" was by turns hilarious and heartbreaking.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Henry Gale

Thought that was an excellently done segment when Harry Crane's (Rich Sommer) wife wanted to know "what was wrong" and he made several excuses and and then basically just came out to her, unconsciously I'd say.
The look on her face as "it all became clear as a tinkerbell" was by turns hilarious and heartbreaking.

I think you meant to refer to Sal Romano (played by Bryan Batt). Harry Crane is the bespectacled youngster who, in season 2, formed the TV division.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This show has such a short story style to it. Loved last night's ep. It's apparent that the bristling between Sterling-Cooper & Pitman, Putney & Lowe is a pretty significant one. And how it all shakes out is going to be interesting.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by mattCR

This show has such a short story style to it.

I know exactly what you mean -- although I've come to think of them more as chapters of a serialized novel. Each one comes to some kind of intermediate conclusion, but they fit into a larger whole that probably won't be apparent until the end. It was the experience of watching the second season in the space of a few days and then writing it up for a BD review that got me thinking this way. It wasn't until the very last episode of season two that Peggy's arc for that season came fully into focus. Right now, all of the main characters seem to be on uncertain paths, and I'm finding that exciting, as if almost anything could happen.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Stunningly brilliant tonight. Wow. So many great, great scenes.. I knew the moment the riding lawn mower showed up, there would be trouble :) I couldn't figure out how they could get it up the elevator.. but classic. I'm wondering if it will inspire Jane to re-evaluate her goals, how quick she reacted to save the situation... maybe her fingers have brains ;) :)

The chance meeting a few weeks ago for Don as he poured a drink pays off in spades for Don.. now the question becomes: will Don stick it out and land the big account, or get frustrated and decide Sterling/Cooper re-negotiates with him or he splits? Interesting.

And, a spoiler..

It appears Jane's hubby may take his own life.. stunner!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Most awesome episode of "Mad Men" yet.

Roger had the line of the night, so I added it to my signature.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Originally Posted by mattCR

. I knew the moment the riding lawn mower showed up, there would be trouble :) I couldn't figure out how they could get it up the elevator..
Any decent sized office building has an easily entered freight elevator.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Michael Reuben

My personal favorite (and I probably don't have the phrasing quite right) was this one: "Somewhere in this business this has happened before." I think it was the certainty with which he said it that cracked me up.
According to the commentaries on the first two seasons, they've been told some crazy stories by ad men of that era so I think the lawn mower story may have been pulled from reality.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
What an extraordinary episode. I have come to expect a really good episode each week, but this episode rose to new heights.

One of the three Brits brought back old memories of James Mason.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I see many potential employees for the Draper Agency. Don has 500k in the bank in early 60's dollars, the backing of Conrad Hilton and an eye for talent. (Sal, Peggy, etc...) And people that owe him. Not to mention Sterling Cooper maybe falling apart and people thinking of jumping ship.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Best ep of the season so far. Many great lines there, but it's the hospital scenes that had me howling the most. "He was a great salesman" or something to that effect.

Draper has been noticeably lighter this season. He has shaken off some of his demons and is finding some fulfillment in his work and family.

Is Christina Hendrix off the show? I sure hope not.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks