What's new

Mad Men Season 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, we're now a little more then a week away, season 3 starts August 16.

Argh. Can't get brightcove embeds to work here at all. http://www.amctv.com/videos/mad-men/?bcpid=8803972001&bclid=29713005001&bctid=28953593001

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The publicity machine is really ramping up for season 3. That could be a good thing if it means more viewers, which could help the longevity of the series.

There was a great article this past weekend in the New York Times Arts & Leisure: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/09/arts/television/09kapl.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=%22matthew%20weiner%22&st=cse

And in the spirit of "Simpsonizing Yourself," you can now "Mad Men Yourself":
http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/madmenyourself/

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Great interview.. the last question/response is fantastic. Great understanding of a period piece... and one I wish more people would recognize.

http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/int/2009/08/13/vincent_kartheiser/

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I got into this show last year. Have seen all of season one and have the season two discs ready to go. I've been watching them on blu ray and when setting the dvr for season three, haven't seen them listed in HD. Am I missing something or are they not broadcast in HD?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Charlie Campisi

I got into this show last year. Have seen all of season one and have the season two discs ready to go. I've been watching them on blu ray and when setting the dvr for season three, haven't seen them listed in HD. Am I missing something or are they not broadcast in HD?
They're broadcast in HD, but not all cable or satellite systems carry the AMC HD channel. For example, Time Warner Cable in Manhattan just added AMCHD within the last year. They didn't offer it for the first two seasons of Mad Men.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Michael Reuben ">[/url]

They're broadcast in HD, but not all cable or satellite systems carry the AMC HD channel. For example, Time Warner Cable in Manhattan just added AMCHD within the last year. They didn't offer it for the first two seasons of [i]Mad Men[/i].

[/QUOTE]Directv.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
Thank the maker. season 3 is finally apon us. I was very concered after the second season ended and rumurs were flying about the show being cancelled. I started watching at the beginning of season 2 when it was a free show On Demand thru Comcast. I have since cancelled my cable so hopefully they will have it streaming on AMC's web site. If not I'll just have to buy the series from iTunes or Amazon or something.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
All of the shows this season will be 62 minutes long.
Just to be safe I am recording 70 minutes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good start. Pete was truly livid with his "promotion". Haha.

Who knew Kate Bosworth's sister would have such a bangin' bod. The look on Don's face when his daughter finds the TWA pin was hilarious.

Sal's look of mortification when Don sees him with the bellhop in his bedroom was pitch-perfect.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Great stuff. This show really does have a completely different feel from almost everything else that's on TV.

I like that we're still seeing, some time later, the aftermath of Duck's "sell the company" road. Pete's character is so well played as a terrible pessimist. Cosgrove sees the glass half full - this is his chance to prove himself, and hey, it's still a great promotion. Pete looks at it the other way: it's torture and just an opportunity to show him he's failed. Such a great contrast between those characters.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I want to know what happened to "Duck", I'm sure e was fired but I would like to know just a bit more even if its just an allusion.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Originally Posted by Henry Gale

All of the shows this season will be 62 minutes long.
Just to be safe I am recording 70 minutes.
Apparently I was misinformed, tonight was about 52 minutes.

I still have an American Airlines pin from a long ago stewardess encounter.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I'm surprised they didn't address Pete with Peggy's revelation about the baby, but I guess the best is yet to come. I see they wanted to establish the new characters first, as well as create the immediate conflict between Pete and Cosgrove.

If, for some dumb reason, AMC decides to cancel this show, couldn't another network pick it up and continue the seasons?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Raasean Asaad

I want to know what happened to "Duck", I'm sure e was fired but I would like to know just a bit more even if its just an allusion.
On a commentary on the S2 finale, I think Matthew Weiner says that Duck was indeed fired after he tried to force Don out.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm just trying to figure out the pregnancy.. I thought two years passed between S2 and S3.. but this would appear to make it more like 6 months (?)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
With the time gap, the real question is "is that Don's baby or the guy from the coat check room?" It's all I could think about as Don thought about his beginnings from the belly of a whore.

I also loved the look on his face at the end. First, the pin question "Did you bring this for me, daddy?" followed by "Tell me about the night I was born." His struggle to remember anything was heart breaking. The dude is seriously so detatched.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR

I'm just trying to figure out the pregnancy.. I thought two years passed between S2 and S3.. but this would appear to make it more like 6 months (?)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's around the spring of 1963 and S2 ended with the Cuban Missle Crisis in October (?) 1962.

And unless they think it's too obvious, I'm guessing that this season will end on or near November 22, 1963.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Quentin

With the time gap, the real question is "is that Don's baby or the guy from the coat check room?" It's all I could think about as Don thought about his beginnings from the belly of a whore.
It's Don's. She (and the audience) were already aware of her pregnancy before her encounter with the guy in the bar.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode just flew by, I was shocked when the episode was over.

Was there really a Pepsi diet drink by the name of Patio? Ye gads!

Don really can sell snow to eskimos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks