What's new

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Oddly enough, after watching TFA, I was even more enamored of FR and Creed. TFA is what a "good enough" reboot looks like, trading on nostalgia over depth, treading the safe road over a new road.

Fury Road is the most exhilarating film I've seen in some time, and retains as much of its power on the small screen as possible.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I love MM:FR but, TFA is the most fun I've had in a movie theater in a long, long time. It's also the first time I've seen a movie 3 times in theaters since Episode III, and I'm considering going back a fourth time.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
With how shaky the dramas are this year - and I like quite a few of them, but my favorite (Steve Jobs) is getting no traction - I would love for Fury Road to win some big prizes. I've watched it 7-8 times, and I've watched some of the sequences another half-dozen times each. I really think it's in the Top 15 action movies of all time, and will go down historically as significantly as, say, Terminator 2.

All that being said, I really just want it to get the Picture and Director nominations. That alone will be an achievement that bucks Oscar voter tradition. (This is assuming it'll get 6-9 technical nominations).

The Academy did itself a disservice not nominating The Dark Knight for Picture and Director, IMO, and they've been trying to own up for it ever since. If they don't nominate Fury Road in a year that has FAR weaker competition than Nolan's landmark film did, and with up to five more nomination slots to work with, then they will never break from their enormously biased positions even for the greatest achievements in genre filmmaking.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
With the Academy unlikely to give Inarritu the double-statuettes two years in a row, many Oscar handicappers are now predicting a split between The Revenant for Best Picture and George Miller for Best Director.

I sure hope so. Miller's direction on the film is world-class in every aspect. Sometimes a distinction is made between Best Direction and Most Direction. This year, I would have given Haynes the former, and Inarritu the latter. But Miller is simply a great combination of both.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Crazy!!!

From the digital bits....

First up, there’s word from no less an authority than director George Miller (via the Screen Daily website), they there may be a theatrical and Blu-ray re-release of Mad Max: Fury Road in black and white, which was his original intent for the film. [Read on here…]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Osato said:
Crazy!!!
From the digital bits....
First up, there’s word from no less an authority than director George Miller (via the Screen Daily website), they there may be a theatrical and Blu-ray re-release of Mad Max: Fury Road in black and white, which was his original intent for the film. [Read on here…]
Yeah that's been rumored for a while. And as much as I LOVED the film, I have little interest in seeing it in black and white. The color scheme in this film is so vibrant and alive that I can't imagine seeing it in BW.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'm curious and would see it in the theater too. My wife loved the idea and she missed out seeing it during the theatrical too.

Very cool if this does happen.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Tino said:
Yeah that's been rumored for a while. And as much as I LOVED the film, I have little interest in seeing it in black and white. The color scheme in this film is so vibrant and alive that I can't imagine seeing it in BW.

I agree it looks great in colour but I'd be interested to see it in BW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks