What's new

Mad About You Season 3 (1 Viewer)

mike_shields

Auditioning
A couple of weeks ago, I saw the first glimmer of hope. In the alt.tv Mad About You newsgroup, a lady posted an E-MAIL she had received back from Columbia Tri-Star in response to her query on when Season 3 would be available.

Columbia responded that it was planned for 'later this year', but did not give a date...Obviously, nothing firm, but I was slightly encouraged because that was the first acknowledgment of any kind that I had heard from Columbia about the possibility of more season sets...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't trust that news at all. I speak to the people at Columbia TriStar almost every week and they aren't currently working on the third season. Just for fun, email them and ask about "Forever Knight Season 2" and see if you get the same response.

Gord

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
If season 2 was released last April, that doesn't mean a lot considering that there is going to be like 18 months between All in the Family seasons 2 and 3. So the fact that its been a year could mean that its not going to happen, or it could mean that its going to be a while longer like AITF. Given what Gord is hearing and my own gut feeling on the issue, I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't know why though if they don't plan any more releases that they didn't use a different show on that cereal promotion.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
The promotion for the cereal was done through Sony Pictures Television, not Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment.

Gord

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
Gord,

OK, so they're not working on a S3 set now, but are they at least thinking about it?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
It's all too bad, really. I could care less if every season is released, but they should at least go through season three. By season four, Fonzie was putting his skis on.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say the skis came out during season five. Season four brought us that fantastic arc at the end where Paul and Jamie nearly split. Best episodes of that show, IMO.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Definitely...I think season four was half-and-half. I'd probably buy season four. That's why I said Fonzie was only putting them on...it wasn't until five that the boat was warmed up and ready to go.

:)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Please, please, PLEASE release the whole series? Pretty Please with a cherry on top?

Drat, no smiley showing big puppy dog eyes!

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Did this info come from the studio or is it just an estimated guess based on the fact that we've been waiting ages with no signs of a new release. Because if it's the latter I would have agreed with you until a couple of hours ago, when I read the Forever Knight info on your site. :)
If it's the former: Damn!

Chris

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

Apparently they granted your wish. I always thought this series started too early in the TV Shows on DVD boom but now it has a chance again like Mary Tyler Moore.

Paul

Mary_P

Second Unit
Great news! I was really disappointed that there were no further releases beyond season two, and I wasn't really interested in the "collection" they released a couple of years ago. Glad to hear Sony's finally decided to release all of Season 3, not just bits and pieces of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks