What's new

Mad About You-Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Ok....I'm ready for Mad About You Season 3! It's been a while now since the release of Season Two and this is one of my wife's favorite shows (which helps with the DVD budget). Anyone know the holdup?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
There was a 6-month gap between S1 and S2 releases:

The 1st Season 10/22/2002
The 2nd Season 4/22/2003

Based on that, everyone was hoping to see S3 this past October. That obviously didn't happen. By now I can tell you that it definately is not planned through the end of February 2004.

Perhaps Columbia has switched to a 1-year cycle (or so; they don't always keep to a "schedule" of a certain number of months). Stretching it out might have become necessary, since they have a finite number of DVD-creating resources that now must produce many more TV-on-DVD packages than a year ago: Charlie's Angels, S.W.A.T., Good Times, Soap, What's Happening!!, Forever Knight, Married...with Children, The King of Queens, NewsRadio, and I'm sure I've forgotten some. The production of these must be added to previously started series like MaY, All In The Family, The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, etc.

Not to mention 1-offs like The Critic, Dilbert, The Tick, Jim Henson's Storyteller, My Big Fat Greek Life, etc. And all the various Best-Of releases like Designing Women, Steve Harvey Show, and Greatest 70's Cop Shows. And all that kid-vid programming, too (theres a LOT of that).

I wouldn't grow concerned about MaY-S3 unless we fail to see to see it announced by the end of January-February for an April or May release. I suspect that's the rough timetable for S3 right now.

Thanks for the reponses, everyone. I would have thought Mad About You would have sold better than All In The Family and others? Nothing against those shows, just an observation.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
AllanN, I was (still am) confused that you expressed disappointment about "no release through Feb", when in the same post I pointed out that such a situation is exactly what I expected, and that within 90 days I fully expect a S3 announcement to be made. You can wait THAT long, can't ya? :D

Tony, I think that all of these are selling well enough for Columbia. As I said, they are spreading their resources around more and more. Noone wants to hire more people in the current economy, if at all possible, and I'm sure Sony/Columbia is no different. In fact, Sony just announced more layoffs for other parts of their conglomerate. I doubt that affects the home video dept., other than a reluctance (that's been there for a while in any case) to hire more help. That's the way it is with most big businesses right now.

So it doesn't surprise me that it takes longer to get these releases out. I don't like it any more than you guys do. Perhaps I'm just more resigned to it, since I'm dealing with the subject CONSTANTLY. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks