What's new

MACKENNA'S GOLD and Sony (1 Viewer)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Instead of complaining about it - the full screen only release - try writing a polite letter to SONY stating that you prefer the widescreen version. If enough people write in requesting the widescreen version maybe they'll rethink their marketing plans.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Suncoast is closing many of their stores and has reduced prices by 50%. I found a copy of the widescreen/fullscreen version of MACKENNA'S GOLD at one today for $4.99. If you are still looking for the widescreen version, you might want to give them a try.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
bob i saw your post over dvdtalk.
have you opened it and watched yet?

as you will notice this topic is about the mislabeled version that only has the full screen side and not the wide side.
unfortunately i dont think i would buy this again from sam goody because it's not returnable if it is mislabelled.

i recently returned one that i bought about 6 months ago.
i just opened it a few weeks ago it was mislabelled.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Hi Tony,

Yes, I opened the Suncoast DVD and indeed it is the widescreen/fullscreen version. I was apprehensive because I had read this thread, so I put it in my player as soon as I got home.

I think the strategy in getting the dual version is to go to places like Borders or Suncoast that do not discount and check their stock.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I just read at Digital Bits that they are reissuing this again in May....what are the odds they get it right and release the widescreen version? I really want it but refuse to buy the full screen out now and the old two sided with widescreen is hard to find at a decent price and in mint condition. This will be the third time they have relaesed this...come on Sony get it right.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I gave up on this title and bought the Region 2 version. I can't imagine anybody sitting through this in Pan and Scan. Did anyody else notice that Quincy Jones plays his "Gold Theme" from this film in "The Wiz"?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I noticed last week the netflix has this on their streaming service in widescreeen and HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks