What's new

MacGyver Season 4 In Dec. !! (1 Viewer)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Cool. People have complained about these sets, but as one who only watched this show in reruns on USA, etc (except the last season), the show looks better than I have ever seen it look and I am thrilled to own it!! I would enjoy some special features - maybe the last season set will have something. Regardless, I am so happy to own one of my childhood favorites on DVD. Looking forward to "Lost Treasure of Atlantis" and "Trail to Doomsday" too! Hope we get those! Thanks for the news! (and thanks to TVShowsOnDVD as well)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah I'm enjoying the sets alot as well. Last time I seen them (aside from DVD) was original airings and bits and pieces on SPIKE TV. I thought it didn't age well when I saw it on SPIKE but that was just because the video was horrible, the DVD sets were alot better in that area.

2 things I would love to have included in a future set (maybe season 7 like you said) was a Tribute for Dana Elcar who died recently and a look back featurette with Anderson, writers, crews and guest stars.

In the meantime season 3 is out tuesday :) There is a review on tvshowsondvd.com which states its the first season that it'll have stereo :) Can't wait.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I am actually new to Macgyver... bought season 1 as a blind buy... and enjoyed it... though it is a series you don't want to try to think about to much and rationalize the things he comes up with... but if you just sit back... relax... and get lost in the world of Macgyver it is alot of fun.

The other day I picked up season 2 at Walmart... but haven't started it yet. Sure I will before to long though.

Paramount is starting to bug me with no extras on most of their TV series... they are doing the same thiong to my favorite show... Charmed! :angry:

Katherine_K

Second Unit
You know, I probably would have blind bought this show because I enjoy Stargate and for Richard Dean Anderson. But like Charmed, which I also probably would have blind bought, the fact that the series comes with no extras makes me feel like it's not worth it.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Pete season 2 is a great time. Plus it starts a storyline that continues in other seasons.

As for no extras it doesn't really bother me (although it would be nice to have some) as the price is good.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Sounds good... can't wait to start on season 2.... hopefully will be able to get season 3 a little quicker after it's release then I did with season 2. A continuing storyline will help that I am sure!

Yeah.. they are priced to sell even without extras... but like Gord said in his season 3 review...

I have to agree with the above 100%!!!

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Pete I may have mis-spoken its not a major arc but I don't want to spoil it lets just say a popular villian in the MacGyver story makes his first appearance in Season 2 with more in season 3 :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
That's cool.
Do we see Terri Hatcher in the second season? I had to look twice before realizing it was her... then still had to double-check on the net just to be sure. :p)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
That's cool... so there is already atleast 1 recurring character :)

Right now I am on the second season of an Angel marathon... after I finish this marathon then I will be starting on Macgyver: Season 2 :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
And probably my favorite villian of any tv series as well as another MacGyver regular that shows up on Seinfeld. :D

Glad to see that Paramount is keeping the Mac sets coming. I was afraid that we would only get season 1 like a few other series.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Say what you want about Paramount but they don't usually leave fans waiting unless music rights get in the way which thankfully MacGyver doesn't have.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Look's like Paramount has gone back to correct the syndicated episode ("Thief of Budapest") that somehow found its way onto the first season boxset.

Hopefully, they'd be willing to replace the cut disc if we contact them.

I haven't sent anything out yet, but

Paramount Studios
5555 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90038

was where I mailed my defective Godfather II disc. They replaced it within a few weeks.

More details...

Evan

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Thanks for the news on the fix, Evan.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with Paramount on this. Extras would be nice, but at least they're giving us uncut episodes. And they're even willing to go out of their way to correct a mistake.

Definite kudos to Paramount for listening to their fans. I have been thinking about getting the first season anyway, and I think I will now.

For some reason, I didn't see much of MacGyver when it was first on, but the few times that I did, I really enjoyed it, so I imagine I'll enjoy the DVDs.

John*D

Second Unit
I bought S1 when it was first released so I have the cut disc.

I just typed out a letter requesting the fixed disc which I plan on mailing this week.

Hopefully they will send me a correct disc.

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
Wow. I am shocked. It does seem true then that a nice letter will get you very far. I'll be sending out that disc (along with a defective one from my season 2)! Awesome news.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.