What's new

M. Nights next film "Lady in the Water' (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Wide Awake is a nice little film.

It also has a very nice supporting performance by Denis Leary against type - he plays a mellow, mid-upper income businessman conservative Catholic father.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That shows how the manner in which a trailer is edited can change everything. The first trailer looked like a quiet little fairy tale. This looks like an action/mystery/horror movie. It looks better--not because I have anything against quiet little fairy tales, but it looked like a particularly boring example of one with the teaser. This was actually interesting, with the underwater tunnel and runes and stuff.

This actually has me worried about an entirely different movie. I hate to see Howard as Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man 3, because that is one homely girl. Sorry, I know that's mean, but she's definitely no Gwen.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Whoa. That is completely different in tone than the teaser. This makes me think that Night in his desire for secrecy had the teaser crafted with a bit of misdirection in mind.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, no one ever said that fairy tales were all light and fluffy. ;)

I'd rather wait and see previews for Spider-Man 3. One thing that has been proven is tha people can look very different from film to film.

Jason

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You're right. I've not found her attractive before, but maybe they can pull it off. In any case, Spidey 3 is the main movie I'm looking forward to, so no negativity from me. Well, not much. :) But, this is the wrong thread. I'll watch the new trailer again later, but at this moment, I've done a 180 in my enthusiasm for Lady.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
She is attractive. Watch the Village.

Regards,
Nathan

EDIT: Whoops, look like Lou beat me to it by a whole 3 hours. Don't know how I missed that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Her appearance in stills and the Village trailers don't change my opinion. It's a matter of taste, and I suppose she just is not my type.

BTW, she looked a LOT like Sissy Spacek in some shots in this new trailer.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I was also surprised by this second trailer. The first trailer made the movie look very different.....But I think I might know what's going on. It's still the same premise with more action. I will not elaborate more because if true, it spoils things.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Trailers and stills are a small sample to base an opinion on. Howard has that undefineable spark from within that transcends her physical attributes. You have to see her in action to experience it.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Haven't seen the trailer yet, but despite the crap that The Village (Joaquin and Bryce were the two that did the best they could with that movie) I'm looking forward to this, I've liked all of Night's other films.
The comments on Wide Awake are funny, I didn't know anyone else saw that movie, I liked it, cute little movie, funny that it was the lowest grossing film of '98 and The Sixth Sense was the 2nd highest grossing film of '99.

As for Bryce, she certainly can look like her dad in some pics but for the most part she is certainly quite pretty.
Bryce at some premiere.

***edit
so I just watched the trailer, I'm excited. Looks good. Giamatti is a good actor anyway so that alone should help the movie.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor

From the way this new trailer was cut it feels like Night wasn't involved with it as much as he was for the teaser.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
I'm now thinking this could be a mid-summer hit. With all the sequels/re-makes/re-boots in the air, it might just stand out.

I read an interview where Night said E.T. inspired the film.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Wow, I LOVE that poster, it's too cool looking. Still not sure what to make of the film though, but I'm definately seeing it.

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
I saw the trailer that had no glimpse of who the "lady" was, and the film looked really intriguing. And then I come to this thread and see that it is... Bryce Howard?! BLECH! What a friggin' letdown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks