What's new

M:I-2 special ed announced (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well since I never did purchase the original releases of these films, I'll gladly pick these new ones up, especially the first since it'll finally be anamorphic. My roomate owns the MI:2 on DVD, and I have to say it looks quite nice. But I'll still hold out for the re-release.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Don't see what they could add to Mission Impossible 2. It has a lot of great extras including rare (for Paramount) DVD-Rom features.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Would also like to see the extended cut of this movie. I heard a lot was cut for violence and pacing, perhaps the movie would work better with the footage.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
the trailer and the teaser in widescreen (16x9 enhanced) would be really nice. same goes for part 1. the uncut violence would also be a nice addition.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
My only complaint is that it (judging by cover art screencaps I've seen) does not share the "Special Collector's Edition" moniker that is being assigned to it's predecessor's upgrade. Because of that, from a title perspective, there's nothing that differentiates the first MI:2 release from this revamped version.

Shaun

Second Unit
This will have to include more than just a couple of extra featurettes and a boatload of MI3 fluff to warrant a douple dip. The original DVD had plenty of features, though I wouldn't mind DTS, deleted scenes and more extensive beind the scenes material.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
FYI I have this in hand, and disc 1 is the exact same disc as the previous release apparently. All the files are dates 8/30/2000.

I also got M:I 1, and that is thankfully anamorphic.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Sorry for the confusion.

The box is just the two separate releases with a lower list price.

Mission:Impossible from 1996 is a single-disc release. This is the one that contains the free ticket to M:I III.

Mission:Impossible II from 2000 is a 2 disc release. Disc 1 of this set is the exact same disc as previously released. Not even a re-pressing with new cover art. All dates on it still say 2000. Disc 2 is the "bonus" disc. Not much on there since the runtime is only 21 minutes. No trailer to be found except for the M:I III teaser. Disc 2 has that, a TV spot for M:I III, a couple of Tom Cruise Tribute Montages, and some DVD-ROM features.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So those of us that already has both of the previous releases then to upgrade to an anamorphic presentation of the first Mission: Impossible film, we can just buy that new release of it separately which you can get for preorder at $13.99 on some etailers? We might not get the free movie pass for the third film because we don't know if it will be in the dvd box that is being sold separately, but at least we have an anamorphic presentation.

Crawdaddy

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Originally posted by Andrew Bunk:
Disc 2 has [the M:I III teaser], a TV spot for M:I III, a couple of Tom Cruise Tribute Montages, and some DVD-ROM features.

Are any of these NOT featured on the new disc for M:I 1?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
why doesn't Paramount do something worthwhile and remaster Shane which is actually in desperate need of a reissue, or perhaps release something new to DVD... like their many neglected classic film library, or the much requested Ace In The Hole... or perhaps eve, their Betty Boop (gasp!) films which would probably sell more for them than any of their crappy reissues combined!

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
I'm working on finishing the M:I review today. When I asked Paramount why I did not get M:I-2, I was told there was nothing new, it was a re-release. Just to let you know, the Tribute Montages are on the M:I disc, as is the M:I III teaser (and a quick interview with J.J. Abrams)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Originally posted by PatWalquist:
Just to let you know, the Tribute Montages are on the M:I disc, as is the M:I III teaser (and a quick interview with J.J. Abrams)

What about the M:I 3 TV spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks