1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lucasfilm on Star Wars the Complete Saga Blu-ray: Hands on Report

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Adam Gregorich, Aug 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy Supporting Actor

Foxy, I remember it quite clearly. Jabba says a few lines in Huttese,and then licks his own lips,which has the effect of grossing Leia out because she's really in a close-up shot near the lips.

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer

Ah. That's what I get for reading Wikipedia too fast :)

In all this, the talk is as if Lucas personally owns the copyright on Star Wars. Is that the case? Is it, literally, "his" film? Or is it held by LucasFilm or Fox or such corporation?

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Lucasfilm Limited is the owner of everything Star Wars and George Lucas is the head of that company. Lucas has always owned all the sequels and prequels. And I belive that prior to The Phantom Menace, Fox gave LFL the rights to the first movie in exchange for the rights to distribute the prequels.

4. Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce Producer

Well the copyright is registered to Lucasfilm, which is a limited corporation with one stock holder, George Lucas. So yes it is literally his film, lock stock and barrel. Doug

5. Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce Producer

That was my understanding of the deal they struck with Lucas for Empire also. It was also the deal that cost Alan Ladd Jr. his job. Doug