What's new

LP to CD Software (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’d like some suggestion as to the best (or at least some very good) software for transferring my LP collection to CDs.

I did a search on this forum, but I was either incompetent or the topic has not been discussed.

Thanks

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
When I did this, which has been several years, I used CDSpinDoctor, which comes with Toast. The problem is, in the change from v1.5 to 2 they really dumbed it down by a lot of forced automation. I remember I seriously did not like v2, and kept 1.5 on my computer. Funny thing is, I had to keep Toast 5 on the computer as well, or SpinDoctor 1.5 wouldn't work with full features.

I also use an iMic to capture, for better quality.

BTW, I forgot that the current Toast (or at least 8) lets you pretty easily adjust volume, which is one of the features that was less convenient on the newer SpinDoctor.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I've captured the analog audio from a turntable via my receiver (phono preamp) using a stereo RCA-to-miniplug input to my sound card, and using the open-source (and free) Audacity software. Worked well after setting proper levels, etc. Then I exported the audio to aiff files (after setting markers to break it into individual tracks). From there I imported to iTunes and created/burned a CD and also could convert to mp3 as desired. I just had to do a little reading in the Audacity help files to figure some settings out. Once you have the raw audio you can do things a number of different ways from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks