What's new

LOVE this recent Vista vs. Leopard ad in the New York Times (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
ronshit_appleLeopard.jpg

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I love it too even though I'm on a PC. I saw a similar ad on the net where the Mac and PC guy were on the bottom right of a webpage and there was some ad above talking about giving up on Vista or something. I wish I had a link to contribute.
*edit* Here is a link to a video mirror of the ad. (thanks to macrumors link)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As a 10 year power user of Windows (and especially XP), I can't really see how anyone can argue that statement. Since I migrated off of XP 14 months ago when I bought my MBP, I really missed the Vista launch and had no experience with that OS.

This past Christmas vacation I visited my parents, aunts and uncles. Several of them had purchased new laptops which came with Vista, and all of them needed help installing software, making peripherals work, etc. I got volunteered by my dad to help out (and I am a family-first man, I'd have helped even if he didn't offer my services).

What a frustrating OS Vista is! My relatives didn't cheap out on their laptops (decent hardware, in the $1200 range bought from Costco), but man that OS just dragged the hardware down. One of them had similar specs to my MBP but ran Vista like it was a Pentium III machine! Not only is it a hardware hog, but the driver support is horrendous, and they all bought peripherals that were "Vista Certified"!

On the heels of the Vista experience, MS is already indicating that Windows 7 will be on target for some time in 2009. That means that Vista will have had about 3 years on the market until the replacement came. Vista is getting perilously close to the experience that was Windows Millennium Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks