What's new

LOTS of *NEW* DVD's for TRADE!!! (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
The following DVD's are both for TRADE and/or SALE - however I prefer to trade!

I will only sell multiple sets due to postage costs.

Open to ALL offer!

* The Wizard Of Oz: 3-Disc Deluxe Edition - ($28, Shipped.)

(NEW / SEALED - CAN Ed. - ENGLISH-ONLY Packaging, no cartoon on disc 3, same contents-specs.)

* The Easter Parade: Special Edition - ($15, Shipped.)

(NEW / SEALED - 1-Disc CAN. Ed. - ENGLISH-ONLY Packaging, same contents-specs minus Garland docu.)

* Batman Begins: 2-Disc Deluxe Edition - ($19, Shipped)

(NEW / SEALED - CAN. Ed. - Billingual Packaging, same contents-specs.)

* The Frighteners (1st issue) - ($10, Shipped.)

(NEW)

* Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm - ($8, Shipped - Will Only Sell w/ additional title)

(NEW / SEALED - New U.S. KEEPCASE Edition!)

* Alvin & The Chipmunks: A Chipmunks Christmas (First Release, Chipmunks.com Exclusive) - ($8, Shipped, Will Only Sell / additional title)

(BRAND NEW!! R1 US)

* Willard: New Line Platinum Series - ($8, Shipped - Will Only Sell w/ additional title)

(BRAND NEW!! R1 US)

* Kids In The Hall: Brain Candy - ($8, Shipped - Will Only Sell w/ additional title)

(NEW - U.S. R1)

* Donnie Darko: 2-Disc Special Edition - Limited TIN Packaging - ($25, Shipped)

(NEW - R2, PAL - ENGLISH 5.1 + ALL Extras)

* Donnie Darko - Director's Cut: 2-Disc Special Edition - Limited TIN Packaging - SOLD!

(NEW - R2, PAL - ENGLISH 5.1 + ALL Extras)

* Akira: 2-Disc Limited Collector's Tin (OOP!) - ($30, Shipped)

(BRAND NEW, R1 - There are some tiny and subtle circular marks on front surface of tin left from bubblewrap packaging. Worth noting for collectors, otherwise shrinkwrap has been opened but still intact and new!)

* Amelie: 2-Disc Special Edition - ($14, Shipped - OR - $25 w/ He Loves Me He Loves Me Not)

(NEW / SEALED - R2, PAL - French / German DTS 5.1 - NO Subs! + ALL Extras)

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - ($14, Shipped - OR - $25 w/ Amelie)

(NEW / SEALED - R2, PAL - French / German DD 5.1 - NO Subs!)

Plus... for those that purchase the ENTIRE lot - I'll throw in 3 FREE exclusive "Cinema Retro" magazines - Back Issues 1-3 in brand new condition! Featuring interviews with Steve McQueen, Don Knotts, Sam Peckinpah, Sergio Leone, etc...

The essential guide to movies of the 60's & 70's with tons of great production photos, poster galleries, etc.

I'll also toss in a bonus CD of 70's radio spots for Hitchcock, Peckinpah and other films!

Thanks for looking!!!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Also:

In BRAND NEW Condition...

JVC XV SA602 - Multi-Region DVD Player

Straight from my personal hardware component rack...

I've had this machine for a little over a year and I can guarantee that it is in top working condition and performs great. Never had a single problem, it's been a pleasure.

It's got a professionally modded chipset to playback any region-coded DVD from any video standard (NTSC, PAL, SECAM) from any country in the world. It has a quality built-in converter and is a srturdy build. As a mid-range player, it will outperform ANY budget Daewoo, Akai, Conia, Sungale, or Malata region-free units guaranteed.

It's got true hardware progressive scan and 3/2 pull down functions. Perfect Pal to NTSC conversion and selectable interlaced/progressive-scan component video output.

Has built-in DTS decoder w/ 5.1 output.

Playsback: DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD AUDIO, VCD, SVCD, AUDIO CD, CD-R & CD-RW, JPEG Digital Still Files on CD-R/W, MPEG CD, Kodak Picture CD & MP3 Discs.

Tech Specs:

- 54MHz/10-bit video DAC
- built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoder with 5.1-channel output
- 3D-Phonic virtual surround sound
- optical and coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM
- 1 set of A/V outputs (composite video, S-video, and 480i/480p component video)
- remote control with glow-in-the-dark buttons
- 13-step picture zoom
- JVC AV CompuLink
- 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter
- 17-1/8"W x 2-7/8"H x 12"D

Outputs:

- 1 RCA composite video jack (yellow, white, & red)
- 1 S-Video Output
- 1 Component Video Output (3 jacks, Y/Pb/Pr) with the Scanning Mode Selector (480i, 480p, Remote)
- Audio Out: 5.1-channel output (Front L+R, Rear L+R, Center and Subwoofer)
- 1 Optical Digital Output
- 1 Coaxial Digital Output
- 1 RCA Output Left/Right

Again, I've had this player for about a year and never had any troubles. There's zero stretching whatsoever with PAL sourced playback as some of the cheaper code-free players tend to do with their video converters.

Make me an offer if you're interested - It retails for around $300 new but I can do much better.

I take excellent care of all my hardware equipment so this baby is in absolutely brand new condition.

I will also offer RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING discounts if interested in purchasing along with any of the above DVD titles!!!

:)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Marco, Oz is the same as the American 3-disc version (including packaging and all the physical extras), except for 1 cartoon on disc 3?

If so, I'm interested in it. Anything in particular you're looking for?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hi Scott, you've got it!

Exact same as 3-disc US release in terms of content and packaging, but the short cartoon is missing due to licensing issues or something. Otherwise it's identical in every way.

Do you have a list of titles you'd be willing to trade?

I've browsed through your Profiler list and I might be interested in the following:

- The Abyss: Special Edition (is this the 2-disc keepcase version?)

- Beastie Boys Anthology: Criterion Collection

and maybe Cleopatra: Five Star Collection with a cheapie catalopgue title.

BTW, is your Animal House: CE the one with the original movie poster art, because I really want to get my hands on that just to replace the disgusting cover on the Anniversary Edition!! I've seen it on Ebay for a couple of dollars but never got around to bidding so I'm just curious?

Oh and also you Thing: CE - is that the original disc with the original poster art, because I have the new C.E. but just want to get my hands on the original cover. Maybe we can work something out for these two movies also...

Thanks!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Marco - I hate to crap on your thread, but I believe Forum rules require you to post actual prices on items you are selling.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Marco, I'd definitely be willing to do the Cleopatra disc with a cheapie or 2. The problem is I don't actually have that here with me. I have some DVDs back at my parents' house - that is one of them. I'll be there in a few weeks for Thanksgiving if you'd be willing to wait a few weeks to do the trade.

I would also trade Abyss (which is the original 2-disc keepcase), but the POP tab above the UPC has been cut out if that affects your decision on that.

Some other stuff I would be willing to trade that's not on my Profiler collection (it's been a while since I've updated that) includes:
National Lampoon's Vacation Collection
Penn & Teller's BS! (seasons 1 & 2)
Project Greenlight (seasons 1 & 2)
Live Aid (sealed)
Nip/Tuck season 1 (sealed)
Harsh Realm complete series (sealed)
Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior (sealed)
Disneyland USA Treasures tin
Davy Crockett Treasures tin (sealed)

As for Animal House and Thing, both of those are the original CE versions with the original poster artwork. Do you want to exchange those discs or just the covers? If you just want to exchange the covers, I can include those in my shipment to you and you can swap the covers and send them back.

Let me know what you think.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Hey Scott, that sounds lkike a deal to me! ;)

When you say the UPC is cut out of The Abyss, you mean the actual back cover slip has a square cut-out?

Also, would you be willing to trade for your Beastie Boys Criterion?

As for the Vacation Collection... I've been meaning to pick it up for a long time but I usually don't trade/buy boxsets online. I'm reeeeaaally picky about the condition of my collection so I generally prefer to pick those up retail, where I can take them off the shelf in person.

But... I would be interested if the box and cases inside are in absolutely mint & pristine condition (no dents, creased corners, markings or blemishes, etc.) If it is in brand new and 110% perfect condition and you'd be able to package it really well and carefull than I'd definitely trade for that.

Otherwise, how about the Cleopatra Five-Star and say... One Hour Photo and American Werewolf?

I'll throw in a CD of 70's movie trailer spots too.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Well if somebody shows interest in purchasing, we can work out an individual price...

There's no "best-offer", but I didn't set fixed prices because it's limiting - if somebody is interested in more than one of the above titles, or multiple sets, than a better price would obviously be worked out.

Likewise if somebody was only interested in a single low-retailing title, I wouldn't even bother to sell because factoring shipping costs, it wouldn't even be worth it.

If you are interested in purchasing, why don't you just ask me outright what I want for title A, B, C, etc..

I'll throw out a quick list to "follow the forum guidelines", but it would be a lot easier if you were just direct and inquire about whatever titles are of interest...

Wizard Of Oz - $28

Easter Parade - $15

Batman Begins - $18

Mask Of The Phantasm - $8

Brain Candy - $8

Donnie Darko Tin - $20

Donnie Darko DC Tin - $20

Amelie - $14

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not - $14

Will sell all DVDs for $115 US shipped + free bonus CD of 70's radio trailer spots.

Will sell all DVDs + region-free DVD player for $270 US, shipped + 3 free bonus Cinema Retro magazines + free bonus CD of 70's movie trailer spots.

Will sell all DVDs + region-free DVD player + The State movie theater print for $285 US shipped + 3 free bonus Cinema Retro magazines + CD of 70's movie trailer spots.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

This is clearly against Forum rules governing items posted for sale. They couldn't be more simple and straightforward - if you're selling something here you MUST list a price. I quoted the guidelines because EVERYONE, including yourself, is required to adhere to them and I thought you may have been unaware of the requirement.

I was just trying to give you a heads-up to avoid an email from a Moderator, Marco. It was not my intention to get involved in a debate. Good luck with your sales/trades.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Doug, I'm not getting in a debate with you. I merely assumed you were interested in some of the above titles and was trying to simplify things by asking you exactly what you're looking at so that we could work out a price based on that.

You're right, I did ask for an offer on the DVD player. That was my mistake, I didn't realize.

Thanks.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
OK, Marco let's see if I answer all your questions:

Re: Abyss - it's not the UPC that's cut out, it's the little rectangular Proof of Purchase tab above the UPC. But yes the back cover that goes into the keepcase has a small rectangular cut-out above the UPC.

Re: Beasties CC - I'd rather not trade that one, I like it too much

Re: Vacation Collection - the actual snappers themselves are mint, but there is some wear along some corners of the outer box.

As for your offer, I think I can do that.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Great Scott, I should probably ask to just verify that all your discs and packagings are in mint and flawless condition (no fingerprints, blemishes or surface markings anywhere on disc, covers are new/mint) before confirming...

But otherwise assuming that they are, I've set aside TWOO set for you and will have it packaged and ready to send out. Just let me know when you're able to pick up Cleopatra and the other discs.

Also, if you wouldn't mind swapping covers for Animal House and The Thing, that would be incredibly awesome and I'll toss in a couple of extra goodies for you!!!

It would probably be best to send them in 2 empty keepcases, and I could do the same with mine!

Thanks Scott!

:) :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Sounds good, Marco. Obviously I'll have to check the disc once I get a hold of them, but I'll confirm their condition then. I didn't watch them that much so shouldn't be a problem.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Cool, Scott.

Chris - Please send me a p.m. because whenever I send you an email it gets bounced back. I'd pm you myself right now... but there are so many Chris's on this board, I forget which one was interested! :b

Thanks a lot!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Bargain Update:

ONLY UNTIL THE END OF THE WEEK, I'M WILLING TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING TITLES TOGETHER AT THE FOLLOWING MAZING DISCOUNT PRICE...

$55 U.S. SHIPPED.

- Batman Begins: 2-Disc Deluxe Edition

- The Easter Parade: Special Edition

- Willard: New Line Platinum Series

- Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm (Keepcase)

- Kids In The Hall: Brain Candy

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
UPDATED!!!

MORE TITLES STILL AVAILABLE.

WILL SELL ** ALL ** FOR ONLY $97 SHIPPED (MINUS AKIRA)!!!!

OR $120 W/ AKIRA!!!!

STILL OPEN TO ALL TRADE OFFERS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks